Garry Monk

Guest Willow Owl
50 minutes ago, Mighty0wls said:

bit far it's first league game yes hes done well yes we should be positive but it's 1 game ffs

If we had lost, do you think the Monk haters would be saying it’s only first league game. 
Not having a pop at you by the way 

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you knew the truth you'd be backing Monk 100% no question

What is the truth regarding our post-Christmas meltdown?

I've seen you allude to this a few times, but unless you share what you know with the rest of us we can't have open, informed discussions about it.

Some of the crowd are on the pitch.....They were told they would like 'silly' in the midst of their hatefest...when the team started playing again...still get some people wanting Lee back,even after todays great performance & result...IF ONLY we had 'Fessi' & Hutch' too....loved the cars,perhaps huggy bear could play wingback?

Oh **** wrong Hutch!!!

• Haha 1

This hopefully shows what a difference a new coaching team, some new faces in the team and a bit of a pre season makes, psychologically.

We did have performances like this at the end of last season and didn’t follow them up at home. But the more rigid defence is encouraging as for a time we were guaranteed to concede. In the past Monks teams have been organised 

Really like what Windass has to offer when half fit. Looks to have fire in his belly like he did at Rangers. The goal today typical of the ones he got there 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I do feel like there is something in the air down there.

Monk says it a lot - spirit, grit, determination, togetherness.

I am starting to believe in Monk. It feels like he gets he, he really knows how deep our issues are/were and is facing the challenge head on.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I do feel like there is something in the air down there.

Monk says it a lot - spirit, grit, determination, togetherness.

I am starting to believe in Monk. It feels like he gets he, he really knows how deep our issues are/were and is facing the challenge head on.

Monk grew in stature today.

Like Friar Tuck, having his staff is helping him!

Play-offs here we come !

• Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

They would be equally silly then.

Its meaningless to make judgements after one game.

The haters had made the judgement before a ball had been kicked, never mind one game.

Good start, against a strong Cardiff City that finished last season in the play offs. Not getting carried away but enjoying the result. 

Edited by Willow Owl
Error

29 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I was responding to your outburst about “ haters “ no need to take the Micky out of me , lowering yourself aren’t you ? I love a laugh just as much as anyone so button it you don’t know me haha 

Like I say

Bet you're a RIGHT laugh at parties

lol

Owlstalk Shop

He's got a lot to prove after last years shambles.

But at the same time he didn''t have the coaching team he wanted last year, which makes a big difference. And he was still basically unable to sign anyone of his choice apart from a loan or two.

New signings look good so far and we've yet to see Dunkley yet. I'm giving him a pass for last season and judging on this season now, he must know if we struggle then he's on borrowed time. So far so good.

• Like 1