Garry Monk

Pretty sure it was public knowledge that Monk actually left the club, and then once Covid took hold he was brought back wasn't he ?

No idea why Neil is peddling all this propaganda that DC loves him.

His parking space was even given to Gerald Micklefield from catering to save repainting the lettering on the floor.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Currently no issues with Monk apart from his nickname creativity. I mean, Granty, Shawy? Come on! 

Football nicknames are funny aren’t they? I mean, why does every Robert get called Bobby? I had an Uncle Robert who worked at Maltby pit and if I’d ever called him Uncle Bobby, he would have knocked me into next week, with my dad's blessing! 

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk is still here

Chansiri was never going to sack him because a few fans had short sighted views and spat their dummies out and cried like babies

Was never going to happen

Monk is still here and off to an absolute flyer

BACK HIM

Was never going to happen? Is that opinion or fact? You can’t have it both ways. 

• Like 3

Garry Monks record as a Manager is average, I believe he isn’t good enough for Sheffield Wednesday. I don’t see that changing, but my views won’t be wobbled by a couple of wins or losses, with the hysteria that follows. They’re based on long term consistency of output, tone and results.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slow83 said:

Garry Monks record as a Manager is average, I believe he isn’t good enough for Sheffield Wednesday. I don’t see that changing, but my views won’t be wobbled by a couple of wins or losses, with the hysteria that follows. They’re based on long term consistency of output, tone and results.

When you say “ isn’t good enough for Sheffield Wednesday “ , do you realise the state we are in.

12 pts ded, bottom of the league, slashing the wage bill, still under FFP pressure, a club run like a work coffee club....

• Like 3

NO HE WOULD NOT could become an Owlstalk chant couldn’t it. Much like Trump's LOCK HER UP! Or maybe Bill Clinton's I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN. Although to be fair, naughty Bill didn’t shout, he sort of said it in a cool, calm, collected way while lying through his teeth! 

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

NO HE WOULD NOT could become an Owlstalk chant couldn’t it. Much like Trump's LOCK HER UP! Or maybe Bill Clinton's I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN. Although to be fair, naughty Bill didn’t shout, he sort of said it in a cool, calm, collected way while lying through his teeth! 

Wow

On 16/09/2020 at 08:53, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Well I must in your opinion be "very silly indeed" as I wanted him gone at the end of last season.

The reason I wanted him gone was that for 5 months I saw some of the most inept clueless performances I have witnessed from Wednesday in a long time.

You are making a big deal about what went off at Xmas and using as an excuse for the turgid rubbish we saw. If something did go off at Xmas  it's the manager job to cope with it and work around it. We had enough quality to compete better than we did.

For balance I have always stated that the decision to bring in Monk without any backroom staff was criminal but doesn't excuse our truly dreadful performances.

the one continued failing of the backstabbers is that they will not accept that our entire forward line other than fletcher was worth less than a ford cortina.

they continue to say 'a manager' should have done better, but fail to say how, and it wasn't that particular manager in charge when the assembly of shyte was done....

....it was 'their hero'.

6 hours ago, vulva said:

We’ve made a strong start to the season but people are getting carried away. Had it not been for Covid, Monk would have been sacked. Long way to go, but long may this current run continue. Watford on Saturday is a decent benchmark as to where we are. 

the hardest game for some time isn't 'a decent benchmark' at all, it's the hardest pressure game for some time, that's why you're wanting it as a benchmark.

i would have thought that you might have wanted cardiff, or did you go off that one at 0-1, or 0-2?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slow83 said:

who would you advocate bringing in then?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Again  - NO - NO HE WOULD NOT

Chansiri knew the real issues at the club and knew that sacking Monk wouldn't fix those issues

In fact Monk isn't just delivering a new exciting era, he's tidying up the absolute carnage that was at our club

Just trotting things out like 'Covid saved Monk' and 'He would have been sacked' just isn't true no matter how much you hate Monk, no matter how much you want it to be true.

It just is NOT true

Get behind the manager ffs

they rather hack an arm off than back the sheffield wednesday manager, but not the arm with the dagger in it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vulva said:

We’ve made a strong start to the season but people are getting carried away. Had it not been for Covid, Monk would have been sacked. Long way to go, but long may this current run continue. Watford on Saturday is a decent benchmark as to where we are. 

I agree. We are still a long way from stopping from stopping up this season.
Still on minus 9, no strength in depth and still lack goals in the side.
Last season we beat Reading 2-0 away first game and had a retched season.

But I am a lot more optimistic then I was this time last week.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Here's one for you.

Monk won't be here next season.

Feel free to quote this post.

who will?

a third division manager?

someone so desperate that he'd step in at s6 with their last 5/6 years history?

or someone with 15 jobs in 16 years who hasn't worked for nigh on half a decade?