Adthe Nuhiu letter to Sheffield Wednesday fans

On 12/09/2020 at 22:23, DJMortimer said:

Atdhe is like a throwback to a long gone era. Someone who understood his good fortune in being a professional footballer, appreciated the supporters and their emotional involvement in the club, had the humility to recognise his sometimes limited role, enjoyed the successes, fought through the tribulations and always tried to maximise what he was able to contribute.

He may not go down as one of our most talented players, but he exhibited all the heart, character and determination to make him a cult hero that lots of us warmed to. And of course there were some moments of quality that will live in the memory. He played the team role but was constantly judged for not being the old fashioned battering ram some fans could not look beyond. As @mcmigo said elsewhere, some people 'got it' and some unfortunately didn't.

I wish him well in his future career and thank him for his efforts.

I would say most people did get it. Whilst I accept everyone is entitled to an opinion, for the ones ( thankfully not that many) who thought he was garbage, they really do not understand football if they couldn’t see what he brought to the team.

19 hours ago, brando said:

Average at best,makes windass look like Shearer

We move on ,thank ****

Said this before and I'll say it again..

I always try to be respectful of those with different opinions, but if you feel this way about Nuhiu, I don't think you understand football.

Yes, he was never going to be a regular starter for us and score 15-25 goals, but he was so good at coming on late in a game and running at tired defenders and creating chances for us. I have no doubt he'll have been offered this role again by other teams in the Championship, but has chosen to finish his career in the sun rather than on the bench in the Championship, and I can't blame him. 

• Like 1