Adthe Nuhiu letter to Sheffield Wednesday fans

He's a smart guy old Adthe, hopefully he'll make a top manager and come and get us into the Champ League.  Love to see him doing a knee slide down the touchline at a bouncing Hillsborough.

Either way, a brilliant servant, took loads of stick, contributed his fair share and was a fulcrum in our 2015/2016 Play Off charge, where we played some of the best football in years and regularly destroyed teams 3 nil at Hillsborough.  The front 3 combo of Hooper and FF playing off Adthe with Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Wallace and Lopez sharing midfield duties and Joao the odd striking cameo.

Nuhiu was instrumental that season and who can forget THAT goal v Preston.

Good luck in Cyprus, big man....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

He's obviously seen a lot in his life-time, in particular with the troubles in Kosovo in the 90's, which clearly played an important part in his thoughts and values.

His journey in football lead him to us, and whilst he was never a player I thought would lead us to the promised land, he actually offered us a lot more than I ever thought in options on the pitch during good and bad times of his 6 years with us. He was clearly a big personality in the dressing room and beyond; who must have influenced many people at the club during his time here.

Good luck with the future Adthe. Many players come and go, and most are forgotten. I Somehow doubt Adthe Nuhiu will ever be forgotten and that at least should be his legacy.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Atdhe is like a throwback to a long gone era. Someone who understood his good fortune in being a professional footballer, appreciated the supporters and their emotional involvement in the club, had the humility to recognise his sometimes limited role, enjoyed the successes, fought through the tribulations and always tried to maximise what he was able to contribute.

He may not go down as one of our most talented players, but he exhibited all the heart, character and determination to make him a cult hero that lots of us warmed to. And of course there were some moments of quality that will live in the memory. He played the team role but was constantly judged for not being the old fashioned battering ram some fans could not look beyond. As @mcmigo said elsewhere, some people 'got it' and some unfortunately didn't.

I wish him well in his future career and thank him for his efforts.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

A touch of class from a classy guy. 

In an age where many players are seen to be mercenary, it’s great to have had players like Nuhiu at our club; players that connect; players that you know value their time as footballers; players that understand us as fans. 

I feel a trip to Cyprus coming on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Always loved him and got slated for it sometimes so great to see a thread like this, makes you realise occasionally players do actually care.

OK he wasn't the most skillful but more than made up for it with passion, effort and availability.

All the best for whatever the future holds for you Adthe, I for one will miss you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i've always been a supporter posting against his critics,  sometimes he deserved it, but more often it was unfair

IMO he gave 100% most times he played even if it was usually a cameo but he often changed the game when he came on by causing mayhem 

Good luck to the lad in his future career -a genuine team guy 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Top guy. 

Saved our backside a few seasons ago under Jos. 

A proper pro who stuck around when others decided to jump ship. 

That message sums up why I and many other hold him in such high regard. 

Wish him nothing but the best going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Our loss is also APOEL FC loss. 

Hmmmm...it's lacking your usual mix of rambling conspiracy theories, inane insults, and terrible spelling.

I'm happy to see you've maintained your penchant for poor punctuation and a general lack of clarity, though.

C- 

Must do better.

• Haha 3