Cardiff - V - Wednesday

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Ime just hoping Wickham isnt going to be 'the one that got away' and do the business on us,if he plays.....I would have liked us to have brought him to Hillsboro..

He's injured, again. He wasn't fully fit when we signed him and he wasn't fully fir when we finished the season 6 months later. His wages, even if we were only to pay a small proportion, are the type of costs we are looking to move away from and the amount of games he has played in the last 5 years tells its own story.

On what basis could he be 'the one that got away'?

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Hoping for a result, but I fear a defeat today. 

Don't think we need to fear Cardiff. They had a good end to last season, but when you look at their team, very average. Plus they've sold their GK and sacked their best player. 

Maybe a good time to play them?

(That said, if we're 3-0 down after 20 minutes, don't blame me for my unfounded optimism 😀)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Righto. 

Makes sense now.

Moore moved to Wigan for around £2.4m and Cardiff for around £2m though, so I'm not sure we could have afforded him in recent seasons.

Just hoping he doesn't feel the need to make a statement playing us,from his Barnsley days..all we need......as to my faux pas ,might need a laugh on here today....lets hope we are all smiling after the game..Come on Wednesday..

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Trying to be optimistic today, but I genuinely can’t see anything other than a Cardiff win.

However the last time I felt like this on an opening day was when we had Brighton away and we went and won 1-0. 

A good start couldn’t ever be more important.

As much as we have gaps in our team, I've looked at Cardiff's squad and it isn't one which should strike fear into anyone. Solid enough choices at the back but hardly packed with creativity in midfield or goals up top. We really should have beaten them last season.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's injured, again. He wasn't fully fit when we signed him and he wasn't fully fir when we finished the season 6 months later. His wages, even if we were only to pay a small proportion, are the type of costs we are looking to move away from and the amount of games he has played in the last 5 years tells its own story.

On what basis could he be 'the one that got away'?

Yep,so is Fletcher...yet many here were gutted when he left....given we havnt managed to bring in a striker,I felt he had something to offer,& we could have used him....time will tell  wages i agree with you,but that was when he was on loan...Different world now post Covid

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What are people’s thoughts on Tom Lees seeming like he is back in favour with Monk? Still good enough to start for us? 

Weak link,wouldn't be playing if i had my way,needs moving on ASAP....either to another club,or the under 23s...away from the first team..cant be sentimental

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yep,so is Fletcher...yet many here were gutted when he left....given we havnt managed to bring in a striker,I felt he had something to offer,& we could have used him....time will tell  wages i agree with you,but that was when he was on loan...Different world now post Covid

In the last 4 years Fletcher has played 136 games while Wickham has played 39. 39 Games in 4 seasons and that is the player you want?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

In the last 4 years Fletcher has played 136 games while Wickham has played 39. 39 Games in 4 seasons and that is the player you want?

How many games has Fletcher played in the last Year?...would be more relevant,like i said,under the circumstances i would have liked an established striker in...of the options available,were he to regain fitness I felt he did have something to offer...he was available for a start, & would probably have come here...Given our current lack of firepower 

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

How many games has Fletcher played in the last Year?...would be more relevant,like i said,under the circumstances i would have liked an established striker in...of the options available,were he to regain fitness I felt he did have something to offer...he was available for a start, & would probably have come here...Given our current lack of firepower 

HE'S STILL NOT FIT. HE'S INJURED AGAIN AND IS ON AT LEAST £40K A WEEK! 

Which bit of that are you struggling to understand in terms of how much benefit he would be?