Cardiff - V - Wednesday

1 minute ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I'm confused...

Scored 2, by strikers who according to many aren't good enough for the season ahead. Kept a clean sheet by a defence including a goalie lots think isn't good enough to be a championship no 1.

And reading this thread we're apparently woeful.

Can only be a team better than the sum of its parts - all seems to be going in the right direction to me.

To be fair, the misery at SWFC is indoctrinated by 25 years of ineptitude, apart from occasional glimpses of getting back on the right track.

I can forgive some Wednesdayites pessimism and always looking for a dark cloud on a sunny day. That's been the Wednesday way for so long now.

Let's hope we can keep it up. Excellent first half given we're away at Cardiff and the position we're in.

UTO WAWAW FTB FTEFL

Wow! Barrow are back in the league - I remember us beating them 3 v 1 in te League Cup back in 67 or 68. Me and a mate had been bought tickets for the old uncovered seats. Barrow's captain (maybe he wasn't the captain - who cares?) was called Colin Appleton and he had really, incredibly  prominent ears. His weird, gawpy, staring-eyed face, as he came directly towards us to pick up the ball for a throw-in, still haunts my dreams, after all this time😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4