Cardiff - V - Wednesday

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

Correct but not sure your Van Aken tells the whole story. He's playing against a canny striker and he settled into it with a few silly fouls but since then he's managed him well. 

Needs to learn to play football without going to ground.

Takes so many risks. 

Done ok in general though 

6 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

But I thought we were playing horrendous and had no strikers and would be down by the end of the month?? 

Are people on here NOT the experts??? Nobody told me! 

Not the end of the month yet.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Correct but not sure your Van Aken tells the whole story. He's playing against a canny striker and he settled into it with a few silly fouls but since then he's managed him well. 

Yeah, he's made some decent tackles too, particularly the sliding one after Penney gave the ball away.

I think he's made 3 fouls, and I remember thinking Borner wouldn't have given that away for two of them.

Joost's not playing bad tho.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I'm confused...

Scored 2, by strikers who according to many aren't good enough for the season ahead. Kept a clean sheet by a defence including a goalie lots think isn't good enough to be a championship no 1.

And reading this thread we're apparently woeful.

Can only be a team better than the sum of its parts - all seems to be going in the right direction to me.

I wouldn't describe it as woeful, apart from ball retention.

More not very pleasing on the eye, even by our standards!

I'm confused...

Scored 2, by strikers who according to many aren't good enough for the season ahead. Kept a clean sheet by a defence including a goalie lots think isn't good enough to be a championship no 1.

Can only be a team better than the sum of its parts - all seems to be going in the right direction to me.

A defence including Van Aken too. 

My Boro mates already have us doomed - ********!!!

C'mon Wednesday!!!

I'm confused...

Some of our fans enjoy being negative. Theyr'e probably not enjoying this game so far as they cannot substaniate their critical views.

• Love 1