Adthe Nuhiu signs for Cyprus club

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Vital info for all of us :

APOEL FC, in Greek ΑΠΟΕΛ; is short for Αθλητικός Ποδοσφαιρικός Όμιλος Ελλήνων Λευκωσίας, Athletikos Podosferikos Omilos Ellinon Lefkosias,

In our lingo "Athletic Football Club of Greeks of Nicosia".

APOEL is the most popular and the most successful football team in Cyprus with an overall tally of 28 national championships, 21 cups, and 13 super cups.

Will we ever match this?

If so, in which century? 

Go for it Atdhe !

It’s all Greek to me 🥴

Glad he’s not signed for a Championship club.  Would have been inevitable that he’d score against us.

44 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Ah well. Win some, lose some.

On this rare occasion, I think we won. 

You aware of our pathetic attacking options available against Cardiff tomorrow?

I’m not saying we can’t sign better than Nuhiu but right now, we’re worst off without him.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Presumably every manager in English football knows nothing as well then?

I do think you have issues if living in Derby/Rotherham/Birmingham etc playing in the Championship would sway you over winning trophies, playing in europe and living in the sun.

No idea why he signed for them lol

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Wow....a Cyprus club....you sure that’s right.....apparently every Championship club was in for him.

That puts that myth to bed then 

Actually they are the feeder club for Inter Milan, and it's a way of not paying us a big fee for essentially one of the best target men in Europe.

He's a lovely man too and works really hard. Legend.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I do think you have issues if living in Derby/Rotherham/Birmingham etc playing in the Championship would sway you over winning trophies, playing in europe and living in the sun.

No idea why he signed for them lol

Well it swayed it for him when he came over here in the first place. Don’t talk nonsense mate. If he’d had a good offer from a championship side or decent L1 club, he’d have stayed here and you know it. I don’t see many other players going out to Cyprus unless they’re washed up. Never rated him at all, but good luck to him. I would never wish an ex-wednesday player any other, regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A year ago we started the season with Nuhiu, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes. As the season went on we had Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz sign on Loan.

Tomorrow we start the season with Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga. Reach/Brown as potential converted options and maybe Hagan from the academy?

We had the best goalscoring record away from home last season but evened that out with one if not the worst goalscoring record at home? We start this season on -12. To say we are under a cloud of uncertainty is an understatement.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, Jim said:

A year ago we started the season with Nuhiu, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao, Winnall and Rhodes. As the season went on we had Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz sign on Loan.

Tomorrow we start the season with Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga. Reach/Brown as potential converted options and maybe Hagan from the academy?

We had the best goalscoring record away from home last season but evened that out with one if not the worst goalscoring record at home? We start this season on -12. To say we are under a cloud of uncertainty is an understatement.

Not much uncertainty tbh..we have an undercooked squad..and it will be a terrible season..I’m pretty certain abou5 that

55 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well it swayed it for him when he came over here in the first place. Don’t talk nonsense mate. If he’d had a good offer from a championship side or decent L1 club, he’d have stayed here and you know it. I don’t see many other players going out to Cyprus unless they’re washed up. Never rated him at all, but good luck to him. I would never wish an ex-wednesday player any other, regardless. 

Hes played over here though now and 100% I don't believe that he would have signed in League 1 over them.

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Wow....a Cyprus club....you sure that’s right.....apparently every Championship club was in for him.

That puts that myth to bed then 

You sad sad man. Can’t you just this once be gracious and wish him well? What’s wrong with you? You’re fvvcking wired wrong. 

• Like 2