Official Championship Thread 2020/21

TheEnchanter

51 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

According to reading fans its 580K a year for 5 years plus add ons

Can you link then lad and I'll gladly apologise. I recall the reports at the time saying it was 5 million guranteed with another 2 in add ons and a sell on too 

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Can you link then lad and I'll gladly apologise. I recall the reports at the time saying it was 5 million guranteed with another 2 in add ons and a sell on too 

Il give it a whirl,there were other owls fans in the conversation at the time and it was a reading fans forum,but they were adamant about the figure and that the fee was under 3M possibly rising by upto a further 2M but hed never hit the add ons as he was crap,obviuosly he diidnt get off to a flier and was soon injured and then benched for a period

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I usually take a bit of an interest in this fixture as it’s a decent rivalry, just not the same with no fans. I know a couple of Forest fans and obviously they’re big more fussed but even they confess it’s not been the same build up, or even fixture.

The fact they aren't very good doesn't help either. Reminds me of the derbies I went to at the sty just after we were relegated from the PL, lacking in quality and real incidents of note. 

30 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I remember the derbies in 2001-2002.

Both 0-0 and with barely a shot between either side🤣

The one at their place the previous season wasn't much better, Morrison gave them a cheap penalty & Hendon scored for us with a deflected free-kick. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The one at their place the previous season wasn't much better, Morrison gave them a cheap penalty & Hendon scored for us with a deflected free-kick. 

Yes, I lived in Sharrow at the time so was a quick walk down. Hendon’s free kick was jammy as flip but funny. Think it came off that helmet Curtis Woodhouse, who later that night was scrapping with Wednesday fans in wortley.

Blades were fuming as I walked past them (incognito). Grunting about lucky Wednesday...

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes, I lived in Sharrow at the time so was a quick walk down. Hendon’s free kick was jammy as flip but funny. Think it came off that helmet Curtis Woodhouse, who later that night was scrapping with Wednesday fans in wortley.

Blades were fuming as I walked past them (incognito). Grunting about lucky Wednesday...

Yep was in the away end ten years old and we got battered from what recall Bobby Ford pen for them was great when we flukes that goal from that helmet