Official Championship Thread 2020/21

TheEnchanter

Good results tonight

If we can get to 0 points by weekend, we could be out by the Saturday after.

Derby look no hopers - just need them to not sack their gaffer for a while longer. I expect Wycombe, Barnsley, Preston, Rotherham, Brum all to be down there too and I think we’re better outfits than the lot of them. 

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really do dislike Rotherham, oh and Boro, another goal for Joao tonight as well. 

Boro were always going to be a different animal this season under Warnock.

Rotherham have held their own so far but they don’t score many and always likely to concede.

Reading have recruited as well as anybody over the last 12 months and Joao always had the talent, we just didn’t have the managers capable of getting the best out of him? That said Lukuhay didn’t do too bad with him then inexplicably dropped him. Bizarre?

As for Derby, they’re slow starters under Cocu. They were last season.

Think I would prefer Wycombe to win a game before we play them, although they have Norwich and Watford to play before us. Would hate for us to be the team they get their first win against. We do seem to have a history of being THAT team. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Lucas Joao had a lot of critics  on here,I certainly wasnt one of em,tearing it up down at reading with regular game time,always liked big Lucas,another player we failed to cash in on,he really should have gone for big bucks,hes talent to spare

He went for reasonable money I thought. Yes, could have got more for him in the Wembley season but made sense to keep him at the time.

10 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Lucas Joao had a lot of critics  on here,I certainly wasnt one of em,tearing it up down at reading with regular game time,always liked big Lucas,another player we failed to cash in on,he really should have gone for big bucks,hes talent to spare

How on earth would we have got more money for him when you look at his apps and goals? £7M with add ons was decent money. He's not prven to be an elite player at this level. 

15 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It was reported at the time as 5m rising to 7m with add-ons and that we have a 20% sell-on clause.

16 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Tell us the break down of the fee then as you seem to know it? 

According to reading fans its 580K a year for 5 years plus add ons