Official Championship Thread 2020/21

TheEnchanter

1 hour ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Derby lost to Watford 

Cocu has looked pretty beleaguered most of the time he has been at Derby. Might just be his general demeanour but he doesn't come across as very inspiring. 

Rumours Rooney could take over, not sure it would be the right time for that. 

Thought that game tonight was utter dross. 

Too many teams in the Championship trying to play this possession based style of football and not being good enough to do it. 

You end up with this dull games where there is lots of aimless passing and very little in the way of creativity. 

Tonight, there were so many instances of the two teams working it relatively well up to the final third and then failing miserably to find the decisive pass, often passing it sideways again until the opposition had got sufficient numbers behind the ball. Tbf, Watford occasionally saw sense and managed to get the overload in the wide area, but then the ball into the box was poor. 

A game decided by one moment of real quality. 

Guest Bulgaria

Not been impressed with any championship team so far. Cardiff, Bristol, Watford, QPR and Birmingham were all dogger IMO.

The only team I've watched who impressed me were MK Don's the other week.  Didn't realise that Richard Keogh and Cameron Jerome were now playing for them.

2 hours ago, Night King said:

Anyone seen Angus McDonalds red card for Rotherham Yesterday, you’ll struggle to see a worse tackle this season, shocker. 

Disgraceful tackle. He'll be suspended against us now, every little helps.

Er, is he actually any good? I can remember him scoring an injury time equaliser against us for Barnsley a couple of years ago, then never noticed him again until he scored an own goal for Rotherham the other week. 

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Disgraceful tackle. He'll be suspended against us now, every little helps.

Er, is he actually any good? I can remember him scoring an injury time equaliser against us for Barnsley a couple of years ago, then never noticed him again until he scored an own goal for Rotherham the other week. 

He moved to Hull and then had a HORRENDOUS spell of luck. Ruled out for ten months after a sore calf actually turned out to be a DVT. 

Then he was diagnosed with bowel cancer. 

Got the all clear eventually and played a few times for Hull in their relegation battle. Was out of contract pre season and got signed by rotherham.

As for the challenge. It was horrendous but I don’t believe malice will have been intended, the last thing he’d want to do is seriously hurt someone. Just a full blooded tackle that went wrong and he was rightly sent off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

He moved to Hull and then had a HORRENDOUS spell of luck. Ruled out for ten months after a sore calf actually turned out to be a DVT. 

Then he was diagnosed with bowel cancer. 

Got the all clear eventually and played a few times for Hull in their relegation battle. Was out of contract pre season and got signed by rotherham.

Christ, and on top of that he's had to live in Barnsley,  Hull and Rotherham.

I'm guessing his nickname isn't "Lucky". 

• Haha 1

On 18/10/2020 at 16:21, Whitechapel Owl said:

Anyone seen the disallowed Wycombe goal yesterday? Apparently given for a foul on the keeper, appalling decision, nobody anywhere near him. 

Around 1:07 here

That's horrendous. I honestly think VAR can do a job if it's just used to sort out stuff like that. 

I also reckon we'd be better off overall under var. We have loads more against us than for. Though maybe every team thinks that. 

• Like 1