Official Championship Thread 2020/21

TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just reading Forest have brought 16 players in and let 16 go. They have a squad size of  35 first teamers not counting under 23s. Daft. 

And they are looking at three league defeats in a row? 

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure a side recovers from a stack job quite like that which Forest achieved last season. 

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just reading Forest have brought 16 players in and let 16 go. They have a squad size of  35 first teamers not counting under 23s. Daft. 

Thing is, they're stockpiling players who are all similar levels of abilities. 

I don't look at the forest squad Nd think fizz me so and so is amazing. 

Never got the giddyness around Joe Lolley which appeared almost overnight. Average championship winger 

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

Never got the giddyness around Joe Lolley which appeared almost overnight. Average championship winger 

He can hit it hard...that seems to be his main attribute. 

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

Their whole squad is a mish mash of too many expensive disjointed players on bloaty comfortable contracts and too much chopping and changing from a defensive and dour manager,. Reminds me of our 3rd year with Carlos. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Their whole squad is a mish mash of too many expensive disjointed players on bloaty comfortable contracts and too much chopping and changing from a defensive and dour manager,. Reminds me of our 3rd year with Carlos. 

Style of play isn't too dissimilar. 

That sort of slower, pragmatic style, looking to wear the opposition down gradually, but lacking any real bite or tempo.  

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Forest lost all 4 games in all comps without scoring. Worst start since 1954. :duntmatter:

Only 6 wins in last 26 games aswell. 

Wheels have properly come off! (says the Wednesday fan who has seen his side win 5 of their last 25 league games 😒). The way they blew their play-off place on goal difference was unbelievable, as @SiJ says, that would take some getting over.  

28 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wycombe are so bad. 

A fair few Wednesday fans have understandably got a bit of a soft spot for Wycombe but I fear they will be challenging the record for lowest points total at this level, can't see where any regular goals will come from and unlikely to keep the opposition out.