Tomorrow’s lineup

23 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Rhodes should start, its one of the few games which we will be against a Defensive minded team. Time to see if he'll step up

I want to agree with you but we’re on -12 points. Is now the time to be gambling on Rhodes coming good? 

Fvvck me, I’d be as happy as the next person if Rhodes regained his form but I cannot see it happening. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner 

Harris Luongo Bannan Brown Penney

Windass Rhodes

Subs:

Wildsmith, Odubajo, Palmer, Pelupessy, Dele-Bashiru, Reach, Kachunga

That’s what I’d go with. Thoughts? 

I'd go with that but I would put Palmer and Kachunga in for Harris and Rhodes. Harris could possibly be a handy option off the bench. Personally I'd go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but if we persist with 3-5-2, Palmer and Penney would give us better balance I think? 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner 

Windass Rhodes

Subs:

Swap border for van aken , I don't think  borner can play in a 3

I think he’ll go with experience so I’m expecting Palmer and Harris to start at wing-back.

Due to Dawson being contracted to the club beyond this season I think he’ll get the nod in goal.

If he doesn’t start Rhodes then despite all those platitudes he trotted out about him on Thursday it would just show he doesn’t rate him and was just paying lip service to him.

I still think he’ll start with Reach up top. God knows why? ?!!!?!?

Whatever starting 11 he selects it’ll divide the fan base as per usual?

Edited by Jim

13 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think I’m more worried that the back 5 and keeper will be the same as those who conceded 5 poor goals at Fulham at the end of the season, than the lack of strikers.  

Kachunga and Windass will run about and unrest the Cardiff defence, but the worry is how many we can keep out at the other end for me 

Taking away the end of season madness, this is the key point. Our back door needs to remain firmly shut, which cost us on a regular basis last year. We need to be ultra attritional and then allow our pacey lads to nick one in the 85th minute. Luongo and Iorfa have big roles to play this season. They need to grow into team leaders, driving standards and the players around them.

Edited by Pieman

Guest Bulgaria

Be surprised if Kachunga or Rhodes start. Think it will be a defensive line up with Windass up top on his own with a five man midfield.

Edited by Bulgaria

As much as Penney did well against Walsall I think he’ll start Harris on the left. With big central defenders like Morrison/Nelson/Flint we’re not going to win many aerial battles so Harris to the byline and low crosses will be more effective. He’s also quicker on the counter. We’ll also likely try and keep possession through the centre so Windass will probably start up top. 

16 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner 

Windass Rhodes

Subs:

I'd go with that except swap Rhodes for Kerchunga to give us some pace up front. 

Just get a feeling Van Aken may replace Borner. We have been looking for leftsided centre half soclearly not happy with this position and Borner was non too convincing against Walsall. 

Palmer is back in fold and think he could get a game not sure where at this point.

23 minutes ago, Quist said:

Just get a feeling Van Aken may replace Borner. We have been looking for leftsided centre half soclearly not happy with this position and Borner was non too convincing against Walsall. 

Palmer is back in fold and think he could get a game not sure where at this point.

Van Aken had his best game for us at Cardiff. That was as good as it got though. Frightens me that he might start and the decision to not try and loan him out shows we are skint.

Think Palmer will start RWB Harris on the left.

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Borner 

Windass Rhodes

Subs:

I'd go with that but have WIldsmith in goal and possibly Odubajo instead of Rhodes.

Other than that maybe Kachunga will get a look in, though perhaps off the bench.

Surely the line up won't differ too much from this?

I hope we start Windass & Kachunga up top. In terms of quality, they're more Burton & Tudgay standard than Hooper & Forestieri level, but I remember how the former pair improved our attacking dynamic at the time. Hopefully Windass & Kachunga can do the same. Chuck'em in the deep end and see how they fare. Might spark as a partnership. 

5 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Van Aken had his best game for us at Cardiff. That was as good as it got though. Frightens me that he might start and the decision to not try and loan him out shows we are skint.

Think Palmer will start RWB Harris on the left.

Thought he had best game for us at Leicester other week. Never been a fan but onform he was in side.

13 hours ago, shandypants said:

I want to agree with you but we’re on -12 points. Is now the time to be gambling on Rhodes coming good? 

Fvvck me, I’d be as happy as the next person if Rhodes regained his form but I cannot see it happening. 

lol

20 hours ago, shandypants said:

Well I know fvvck all. Well done Jordan. Long may it last.