SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY STATEMENT

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

In the greater scheme of things is that so bad?  

Oh no not at all.  It just feels like they've thought through so much but missed a couple of details.  Some people will have paid significantly more for their ST than others and as such will be losing out.  It's not a perfect situation by any means and I think the club have broadly done well.  I do think a full refund should be offered though.  There will be people losing their jobs who have £1000+ tied up in the club for 18 months!

• Like 7

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

Not good for singing then if we have to wear face masks, can we all take a drum instead, or is the club going to play previously recorded chants and songs through the PA system ?

The club is going to play previously recorded chants and songs through the PA system

It's a well known fact that singing projects virus aerosol out onto people so singing is a no-no

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

Not good for singing then if we have to wear face masks, can we all take a drum instead, or is the club going to play previously recorded chants and songs through the PA system ?

I watched the opening game of the NFL season in the early hours. 17,000 fans in a stadium that holds something like 77,000 were all required to wear masks and they were able to make a decent amount of noise. It's not ideal obviously, but we just have to make the best of it. Anyway, it's not like Hillsborough is renowned for it's atmosphere these days regardless.

• Like 1

Apologies if I’ve got this wrong, my maths isn’t amazing.

So my ST is £355 - I pay monthly.

Say I purchase each home ifollow stream pass @ £10 each which would end up being £230

At the end of the season I’ll have spent £585 on my season ticket and streaming match passes?  I have no plans to attend games during this crisis. 

The club have said they’ll deduct how many games/streams you’ve used in a season and credit you the difference off your original ST seat.

355-230 = £125

So I’ll only be credited back £125 even though technically I’ll have almost paid twice? Once for my original season ticket and again for match passes that are getting deducted off my credit balance? 

Seems off. I get that with sky and ifollow being all separate companies with their own regs then our hands may be tied. But I’m edging closer to requesting a full refund if this is the case.

Unless I’ve not understood things correctly. Maths isn’t my strong point.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I watched the opening game of the NFL season in the early hours. 17,000 fans in a stadium that holds something like 77,000 were all required to wear masks and they were able to make a decent amount of noise. It's not ideal obviously, but we just have to make the best of it. Anyway, it's not like Hillsborough is renowned for it's atmosphere these days regardless.

Aberdeen having a trial game tomorrow with 300 fans in the stadium and singing is prohibited.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I do however think there should just be a straight up refund option (and thus forfeit your seat and points).  My mum isn't willing to risk going to events like football for a good long while and can buy iFollow just like everyone else.  It's a bit much that' she's £600 out of pocket for 18 months!

I agree. I do think there would be a significant amount of fans that would select an option for a full immediate refund.

If they could somehow orchestrate such an option, this could also significantly reduce the amount of fans left to "ballot" maybe even to a point where all the remaining fans may be allowed to attend.

Think it's win win and could avoid a number of complaints in the process.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good to see the club enforcing the use of face masks to keep us all safe 👍

Am glad they won’t let anyone be in the ground if they’re not wearing one 

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good to see the club enforcing the use of face masks to keep us all safe 👍

Am glad they won’t let anyone be in the ground if they’re not wearing one 

What about supporters with medical exemption?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think it's right that 10 year season ticket holders and Muti year season ticket holders get first chance to get a ticket.
Not sure reading the statement whether my 1 year early bird season ticket will entitled me to get a ticket once we can let people back in.

But I think you should be offered a refund rather then credit on next years season ticket if you don't attend.

• Like 6

Well done to the club

I don't think it's safe enough for myself to return

The way I read it, if I don't attend at all next season, and I doubt I will, the club will extend my season ticket by one year

Can't fault them if that's the case

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Say I purchase each home ifollow stream pass @ £10 each which would end up being £230

At the end of the season I’ll have spent £585 on my season ticket and streaming match passes?  I have no plans to attend games during this crisis. 

The club have said they’ll deduct how many games/streams you’ve used in a season and credit you the difference off your original ST seat.

355-230 = £125

So I’ll only be credited back £125 even though technically I’ll have almost paid twice? Once for my original season ticket and again for match passes that are getting deducted off my credit balance? 

Seems off. I get that with sky and ifollow being all separate companies with their own regs then our hands may be tied. But I’m edging closer to requesting a full refund if this is the case.

You’d have £355 in credit on your account and they’d deduct £10 for every ifollow code you opt to choose, which would leave you with £125 to use on future ticket purchases 

Only had a brief skim read but that’s how I read it

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

355-230 = £125

From reading the statement I don't think you have to pay for the ifollow pass, that is just deducted from what they owe you.

edit: Just seen @EcclesallOwl has already answered lol

Edited by Hookowl

13 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

355-230 = £125

Season Ticket holders can select the live stream option for £10 per fixture, which will be deducted from your outstanding balance at the end of the season.

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Disappointed in the lack of tin foil hat theorists response so far

lol

what’s your definition of a tin foil hat theorist then?

If it’s simply not believing the utter nonsense coming from the main stream media then I guess I’m one of them too....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

You’d have £355 in credit on your account and they’d deduct £10 for every ifollow code you opt to choose, which would leave you with £125 to use on future ticket purchases 

Only had a brief skim read but that’s how I read it

Brilliant. I’ve not read it properly then.

That seems more acceptable 😂😂😂😂 I thought I was gonna have to fork out another £10 per match out my pocket.

Ill crack on and stop moaning then.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

My only issue with this is I've payed for a North Stand ST but if I end up sat in the west lower or Kop I still pay the same!

I’m thinking the same, I’m in a bubble of 3 and my reading of that is we will get moved from the North Stand to the Kop where season tickets are around £100 cheaper as the view isn’t as good.