John Sheridan

2 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Yeah he liked a drink and hasn’t set the world alight as a player but by god what a player and I count myself lucky to have followed a Wednesday team with Shez,  Waddle and Hirst in it.

Let’s not desecrate his name on a crappy owlstalk thread about Wigan’s next manager!

I don’t think any of us are desecrating his name, we all recognise him as the player first.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Yeah he liked a drink and hasn’t set the world alight as a player but by god what a player and I count myself lucky to have followed a Wednesday team with Shez,  Waddle and Warhurst in it.

Let’s not desecrate his name on a crappy owlstalk thread about Wigan’s next manager!

corrected for you 😁

47 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Just looked his managerial career up. 

How does he keep getting work?!

Perhaps they are blown away by the fact he sounds like Les Battersby? 

Seriously though, great player and all that, but an absolute dogwank manager. 

Absolute legend. Think he's the best player Wednesday have had since everything was in black and white.

I don't think his managerial record is that bad - seems to bounce around League One and League Two clubs as a bit of a journeyman manager. Probably quite old school these days - although there are still a few old school managers about.

11 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Fantastic player, terrible manager 

Must be a bet on for Wigan to be relegated again 

Why? He was terrible in his last stint with Chesterfield. Made quite a reputation for helping clubs fight relegation against all odds, though. 

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He must be rivalling Carlos for most clubs managed! Poor appointment for them imo. 

TBF JS has done well at a number of clubs with small budgets. His last appointment at Chesterfield started well but then turned into a disaster so I'm surprised that he's been offered the Wigan job especially since they're in admin. Must be on a low wage.

Guest Therealrealist

Went off him when he wer seriously bitter after we beat chezvegas at home..i also heard him call Leeds 'us' on realreadio..not a legend just an ex player who i enjoyed watching

4 hours ago, Bulldog said:

TBF Chesterfield were about dead and buried when he went there the second time. He turned it round and they finished 8th (ish?) from the bottom if I recall.

Think he was sacked in January with the club near the bottom.
John Pemberton took over and had an up turn in form afterwards.
Be interesting to see how Chesterfield get on this season as a fans consortium has took over.

12 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Went off him when he wer seriously bitter after we beat chezvegas at home..i also heard him call Leeds 'us' on realreadio..not a legend just an ex player who i enjoyed watching

He is a genuin Wednesday legend, and Leeds legen as well. 

Why wouldn't he reffer to Leeds as "us"?! He was longer there than at Wednesday, and that is the club where he made his name. 

If Waddle reffers to Newcastle as "us" he is not a Wednesday legend as well?! 

Manager getting mardy after defeat. Happens every other game. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the club. Actually, I'm sure that he does. 

Guest Therealrealist
25 minutes ago, malek said:

He is a genuin Wednesday legend, and Leeds legen as well. 

Why wouldn't he reffer to Leeds as "us"?! He was longer there than at Wednesday, and that is the club where he made his name. 

If Waddle reffers to Newcastle as "us" he is not a Wednesday legend as well?! 

Manager getting mardy after defeat. Happens every other game. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the club. Actually, I'm sure that he does. 

Im sure he dosnt