Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He'd be in my team for the first 4 games minimum. 

 

If we persist with 3-5-2 he's a shoe in at LWB for me

 

If we switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 I'd like to see him used at LB

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been used instead of Fox most of last season. Let him develop In the team like we should have all along. Proper footballer in there and he’s easily going to outperform the likes of Urhoghide or Stobbs and other players that people were desperate for us to give chances to over their respective careers. 
 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts are the same as when i first saw him 4 years ago......................a very promising player with a good touch , good pace and a great left foot.............................should have been part of the first team last season and needs tying to a longer contract.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Should have been used instead of Fox most of last season. Let him develop In the team like we should have all along. Proper footballer in there and he’s easily going to outperform the likes of Urhoghide or Stobbs and other players that people were desperate for us to give chances to over their respective careers. 
 

 

I don't really agree with the first part of your post. I think it did him good last season to go out on loan.

If he'd have played with us the second half of the season he may well have fallen back on his development rather than progressed.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

I don't really agree with the first part of your post. I think it did him good last season to go out on loan.

If he'd have played with us the second half of the season he may well have fallen back on his development rather than progressed.

 

He does seem to have returned with confidence though it can hardly have been a great pleasure playing in the St Pauli side last season, aside from the derby win perhaps. They only won 9 of 34 league games.

 

Hopefully his performance on Saturday will have rubbed off an a few others as he showed far more enthusiasm in half an hour than anyone else managed in the entire game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

He does seem to have returned with confidence though it can hardly have been a great pleasure playing in the St Pauli side last season, aside from the derby win perhaps. They only won 9 of 34 league games.

 

Hopefully his performance on Saturday will have rubbed off an a few others as he showed far more enthusiasm in half an hour than anyone else managed in the entire game. 

 

Think they lost just one or two times when he started. 

 

Looking at St Pauli's form when Penney was in starting 11 they would have been very cliose to getting promoted. 

 

Looking at their form when he wasn't involved, they would have certainly got relegated. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing Regarding Penney is that he used to be known for his free kick and dead ball deliveries. 

 

Why not giving him a chance at free kick duty, not like we are scoring from them right now?! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, malek said:

 

Think they lost just one or two times when he started. 

 

Looking at St Pauli's form when Penney was in starting 11 they would have been very cliose to getting promoted. 

 

Looking at their form when he wasn't involved, they would have certainly got relegated. 

 

Makes you wonder why they didn't play him more often - then you remember who the manager was! :ghoulguy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

 

I don't really agree with the first part of your post. I think it did him good last season to go out on loan.

If he'd have played with us the second half of the season he may well have fallen back on his development rather than progressed.


I think it did do him good too, just think he could have done even better here and so could we.
 

Fox was consistently poor for us and by the time most of the other players around him had dropped to a similar level to him it made it look like he’d improved. He hadn’t he just didn’t stand out as a weak link anymore because we had 11 weak links. Never shirked a tackle though and always gave 100 percent so we’ve had much worse. Stoke are over the moon they have signed a proper left back so they are in for a shock. 
 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malek said:

Another thing Regarding Penney is that he used to be known for his free kick and dead ball deliveries. 

 

Why not giving him a chance at free kick duty, not like we are scoring from them right now?! 

Yes him and Brown on free kicks , and let him take corners please.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's also beefed up a bit and looked stronger than previously. 

If Hunt puts a bit of muscle to his frame then he would also be more suitable. Just a bit lightweight at the moment compared to some of the championship thugs he will find himself trying to knock off the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...