Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:


Thanks

So we are waiting contact from the club like last season 

 

Yes and no , looks like the EFL have made the rules for the club's on this.

Doesn't seem fair to me who having already paid for my season ticket , I'm only getting home and away midweek games for free at a value of £10 a match 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Watto said:

 

Yes and no , looks like the EFL have made the rules for the club's on this.

Doesn't seem fair to me who having already paid for my season ticket , I'm only getting home and away midweek games for free at a value of £10 a match 


Apologies for being thick.

We must be waiting for the club to supply us with some log in code for our free games.

Accept we don’t need this until Watford game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:


Apologies for being thick.

We must be waiting for the club to supply us with some log in code for our free games.

Accept we don’t need this until Watford game 

 

I would have thought so and as you say we have another week. Last time though they wanted us to register well in advance of the Forest game and also stated there would be different options available for refunds that they were working on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Watto said:

 

Yes and no , looks like the EFL have made the rules for the club's on this.

Doesn't seem fair to me who having already paid for my season ticket , I'm only getting home and away midweek games for free at a value of £10 a match 

 

Completely agree. it's hardly a fair substitute and even with the away games included in last seasons offer we also got some further merchandise and ticket credit.

Cardiff are offering partial discounts on 2021-22 season tickets for those who take up ifollow for home games.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/202021-season-tickets-streaming-vouchers-credit

 

Have to see what we come up with but doesn't leave much time to consider any options. Not sure about rolling onto the next season myself either. I'd rather have a partial refund to be honest.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mailed the club about this a couple of days ago 

 

Hi

 

With the first game of the 20/21 season taking place this weekend would it be possible for the club to update those of us who committed our money for season tickets earlier in the year?

 

Is there to be any similar offer to last season involving ifollow access? Refunds? Vouchers? 

 

I understand the situation is very fluid and potentially fans could be back in stadiums within a few weeks but equally I don't think it is too much to ask as fans for a little information ahead of the first games so we have some idea of what to expect.

 

Please consider this as a priority as there are a large number of loyal Wednesdayites who are currently left in the dark on this and given the recent publicity the club have put out referring to reconnecting with the fan base this isn't really in that spirit.

 

Many thanks

 

 

 

Amazingly they replied today..

 

Hello

 

Thank you for your email all details will be released in the next couple of days before our first home match on the 19th September.

 

Any promotional codes for any missed matches will just be for home matches only.

 

Kind Regards

 

Doesn't tell us a great deal but at least it looks like we should be hearing from them soon.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with 2 days before the season starts we have no idea if we can purchase away games to view on iFollow for £10 a go. Furthermore I've paid £555 for a season ticket that I can't use, plus an u17 for £150 but I can watch 23 home games on a steaming service for free with a value of 23 x £10? 

Edited by Stockyowl
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stockyowl said:

So, with 2 days before the season starts we have no idea if we can purchase away games to view on iFollow for £10 a go. Furthermore I've paid £555 for a season ticket that I can't use, plus an u17 for £150 but I can watch 23 home games on a steaming service for free with a value of 23 x £10? 

 

You need to pay £10 to ifollow to watch the game live.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IFollow has different rules for the UK, and overseas, it's intended for overseas fans, but I never understood why it's not available in the UK, or at least in England.  This season iFollow says, on the official SWFC site, that it is still only available overseas.  But, it's hard to say if that's true or not during the Covid Season, when the stadia will be empty.  The only way for an Englishman to find out, is to try to buy a Season Pass.  140 pounds, ($178 US) buys all matches, even if SKY is broadcasting, plus, the Carabao this year, this latter and certain other matches were never on iFollow, so maybe iFollow will offer their broadcasts to UK fans this year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Watto said:

 

Yes and no , looks like the EFL have made the rules for the club's on this.

Doesn't seem fair to me who having already paid for my season ticket , I'm only getting home and away midweek games for free at a value of £10 a match 

This is the current situation.

 

Sky have said clubs can off season ticket holders, ifollow for free for all home games plus midweek away games.

 

However the club haven't offered season ticket holders this yet.

 

This is possibly due to being away this weekend, so hopefully we hear something before the first home game.

 

 

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So does anyone know what's being shown on Sky this year in terms of the Championship?

 

Is it just select games and will these games also be viewable on ifollow if also on Sky?

 

Are the red button midweek games still on Sky? 

 

All I can see on Sky's website are 90% Premier League games and one Championship match a week. 

 

I'd be a bit gutted if it's just a match once in a blue moon on Sky and would cancel my rolling subscription if that's the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sky contract is as before so will select a couple of games a week to show.

 

These will be available to home season ticket holders on ifollow as part of any club arrangement - but not sure if the £10 match pass is available 

 

I have a sneaky suspicion that ifollow is being downplayed for tomorrow because there is a lot of games at 3pm including League 1 and 2 for the first time. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky are really f*cking over clubs and fans here.  I appreciate that a season ticket only buys you access to home games anyway but in the current situation where there is no choice to go to games surely a compromise has to be reached.  If they are valuing games at £10, that means that every team is going to have to shell out some serious cash in refunds.  In my household we have 2 adult STs, so for the equivalent price of £230 we get access to what we've paid over £1000 for.  Where are clubs finding 3/4 of their ST sales money from to just give back to fans (on top of the refunds from last season).  This will kill clubs.


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Sky are really f*cking over clubs and fans here.  I appreciate that a season ticket only buys you access to home games anyway but in the current situation where there is no choice to go to games surely a compromise has to be reached.  If they are valuing games at £10, that means that every team is going to have to shell out some serious cash in refunds.  In my household we have 2 adult STs, so for the equivalent price of £230 we get access to what we've paid over £1000 for.  Where are clubs finding 3/4 of their ST sales money from to just give back to fans (on top of the refunds from last season).  This will kill clubs.

 

There aren't many clubs like ours that have had early bird season tickets , so for the vast majority I would have thought they'll be paying £10 a match and they won't have got s season ticket yet because of the covid situation, I think we are in a minority .

It's up Wednesday to sort some fair package out for people with season tickets but of course tomorrow is the first match and the only way you can watch legally is via ifollow at £10 , the club have been silent , which is no surprise to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...