18 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Have to say I can’t agree...

1. It will faze us the longer we’re under it. The team is always under pressure and this season will be worse than most. Once fans are back it will get to them.

2. This is one of the worst squads we have had in years. There has always been a problem amassing the points with decent squads (even Grays squad was better than this one) we don’t have enough quality.

3. Whilst the new coaching team may make a difference it’s still Monk in charge, there his team working on his style tactics and ideas. He is a bad manager.

for these reasons we will go down. I think we’d struggle without the deduction to be honest. Chansiri has a lot to answer for

Whilst you make good points in response to 1 and 3, I think point 2 remains valid, weve had much worse teams with non existent central midfields and woeful centre backs.  I guess time will tell cos if we get comfortably relegaged you will be right 

• Like 1

Only positive is that there are some poor sides in the league this season.

But, I still think we will be relegated as we need mid table form to survive and I just don’t know where the goals are going to come from.

I am very relaxed about this season as I am almost certain we are going to be relegated. If we achieve safety it will be a brilliant and very memorable season, albeit very sad that we can’t watch our club in the stadium.

in my mind we can’t really underachieve this season. Par is bottom of the league. Anything else is a bonus

• Like 1
3 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Whilst you make good points in response to 1 and 3, I think point 2 remains valid, weve had much worse teams with non existent central midfields and woeful centre backs.  I guess time will tell cos if we get comfortably relegaged you will be right 

Mate I hope I am very wrong. 

You need to score to win matches and it’s hard to see where enough goals are coming from coupled with dire, negative tactics. Sadly, relegated in 23rd position, never getting out of the bottom 3. Hope I’m wrong but my head rules my heart and we have no firepower.

• Like 1

Difficult to judge as I'm sure they'll be other clubs who'll be copping some points deductions ......if not then the 62 points that's probably going to be needed may be a few too many .

1 hour ago, Daz said:

You need to score to win matches and it’s hard to see where enough goals are coming from coupled with dire, negative tactics. Sadly, relegated in 23rd position, never getting out of the bottom 3. Hope I’m wrong but my head rules my heart and we have no firepower.

knowing wednesday we'll get out of the bottom 3 with one game left, then ballsit up and go down.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Honestly cannot see how we can play any worse than the back end of last season. The capitulation in games like home to Boro and Preston summed up the total lack of F@@ks given and the lack of professional application, seen since Christmas. Like to say we have turned a corner, but with no forwards of any quality brought in, it's going to be a long season; particularly with the -12 disadvantage.  

monk will need to find last seasons pre Christmas' form, without serious competent additions to the forward line that's pie in the sky.

I fear too many things against us -12, Monk as manager and short of 2-3 quality players. 

If we win the appeal and either have the points rescinded or reduced then maybe half a chance. 

Otherwise just a stay of execution I’m afraid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the points deduction is overturned, about 15th.

If not, I can't see this squad hitting 50 (62) points and staying up.

A couple of decent signings could make a massive difference though.

• Like 1

My prediction for what it’s worth, is a long hard season ahead, 12 points is a massive deduction to overcome,

Bottom six finish, but we might not finish the season if COVID-19 returns.

Good luck to all the new staff and players and to all our fans be safe.

UTO

• Thanks 1

It's too difficult to call at the moment until the squad is finalised, but the Walsall game didn't give us any reason to be optimistic at present.

My gut feeling is that if we're still 12 points adrift after the first 6 games we'll be playing Donny next season.

Guest Ferkorf

Its going to be close but I think we will end up going down (Judging on last season) not really been able to secure any real strikers.

Only real hope we have is if Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe, Barnsley and luton all have terrible seasons.

We still need to find replace the goals we will be missing from fletcher