Eve Of Season Predictions

BIG D

I have to say I think we will stay up for the following reasons:

1: we will be used to being beneath the dotted line for large chunks of the season and it won't faze us.

2: in previous years we have amassed mid to late 50 points with some god awful teams, think early 2000s teams and Dave Jones team after promotion. I think this squad is already better than most of those teams and we only need to squeeze an extra 6 or so points.

3: the new coaching team will make a  big difference and we wont replicate the post xmas form this season, at least not over a period of 20 plus games 

Having said all of that, we will have poor performances, we will go on bad runs and it will look hopeless at certain points but we will get a striker or 2 in and things will look better in the next two weeks.

21st position and a bit of pride back in the club.

• Like 1

With so much of our squad rebuild still to complete, it's really hard to say.

What happens in terms of our forward recruitment could make or break our season.

With our current squad and the twelve point deduction, I won't be surprised to see us struggling to get out of the bottom three.

If we can get the right players through the door, then we'd have a chance of staying up.

I'll consider anything more than that a bonus as things stand.

• Like 1

Stick with this " dreamteam "  ( failures all , all here because they are Monks yes men )

And we are doomed to relegation. We have a squad that is threadbare and whilst they may be able to puff their chests out and twitterwhitter away.

NEED TO PROVE IT ON THE PITCH.

Even without the points deduction i'd be saying with this squad...  lower end.

Up the Owls, as S36 Owl says, if we finish just out of the relegation slots, it will be like winning the league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Can you imagine going into battle with some of whe whinging, negative ,bottleless dicks on here !

We’d be watching and laughing as you went over the trenches in your imaginary invisibility shield. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 5

I have the least whelm for a season starting in all my years of watching Wednesday. 

Partly due to where we find ourselves but more that with the restrictions it all seems a bit false, unreal. 

3 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

I have to say I think we will stay up for the following reasons:

1: we will be used to being beneath the dotted line for large chunks of the season and it won't faze us.

2: in previous years we have amassed mid to late 50 points with some god awful teams, think early 2000s teams and Dave Jones team after promotion. I think this squad is already better than most of those teams and we only need to squeeze an extra 6 or so points.

3: the new coaching team will make a  big difference and we wont replicate the post xmas form this season, at least not over a period of 20 plus games 

Having said all of that, we will have poor performances, we will go on bad runs and it will look hopeless at certain points but we will get a striker or 2 in and things will look better in the next two weeks.

21st position and a bit of pride back in the club.

Have to say I can’t agree...

1. It will faze us the longer we’re under it. The team is always under pressure and this season will be worse than most. Once fans are back it will get to them.

2. This is one of the worst squads we have had in years. There has always been a problem amassing the points with decent squads (even Grays squad was better than this one) we don’t have enough quality.

3. Whilst the new coaching team may make a difference it’s still Monk in charge, there his team working on his style tactics and ideas. He is a bad manager.

for these reasons we will go down. I think we’d struggle without the deduction to be honest. Chansiri has a lot to answer for

• Like 4