Would You Help Financially

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Happy to help.

In fact I'll buy a couple of season tickets every year for years and years.

Oh wait....

Genuine question to you and the rest of the st holders in this thread...do you purchase a season ticket to ‘help the club out’ or just to watch us for as little cost as possible?

Our club, and many others, are only in trouble because they overpay their staff (players). No other business does this - without going bust. In the financial crash, and now due to COVID 19, many employees who kept their jobs had to accept pay cuts to keep their business going. Unless that was done (with such high earners that footballers are) then I wouldn’t put in more than my season ticket “donation”.

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Genuine question to you and the rest of the st holders in this thread...do you purchase a season ticket to ‘help the club out’ or just to watch us for as little cost as possible?

I am a lifelong supporter. I always go to as many home games as I can. Therefore I buy a season ticket in order to watch the game.

I don't donate money so that SWFC can simply exist or help out. I pay to watch football and buy the occasional bit of merchandise.

In other areas of life I give money to charities to help them out and expect nothing in return.

15 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Given that our Chairman has invested millions into SWFC he will still need to financially support the overheads through these difficult times, especially with no supporters going through the turnstiles, therefore if necessary would you dip into your pocket to help the well being of the club by making a one off or monthly contribution. ?

I'll pay for Monks taxi ride out of Hills.

I'm happy to bake a giant cake, roughly in the shape of a football.......it could be auctioned and the proceeds put towards a lottery ticket. 

I've almost summed up DC's tenure at Wednesday in that one line.......The highlight that was cakeball and the remainder just gambling......badly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

True fans go to every match and POTG!

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

Please tell me you are joking. 

I love how some people seem to think that investing millions must have come to the surprise of this owner. Like he bought the club thinking it was paying for its self and raking in millions every week. 

Youd have to be a complete idiot to have bought this club thinking that was the case...

Oh wait, he is a complete idiot. This might have legs actually 

Edited by poite

I feel for business owners. Covid isn’t their fault. 

However, the club has allowed itself to be drained of cash to a ridiculous extent. 

I eventually requested my season ticket money back from the club for last seasons games missed - however, if the chairman, manager and squad had performed better last season, I’d have let them keep it. 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I feel for business owners. Covid isn’t their fault. 

However, the club has allowed itself to be drained of cash to a ridiculous extent. 

I eventually requested my season ticket money back from the club for last seasons games missed - however, if the chairman, manager and squad had performed better last season, I’d have let them keep it. 

I feel for business owners as well, that run their business properly. Football hasn’t done this for around 30 years, so my sympathy tank is empty. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

I feel for business owners as well, that run their business properly. Football hasn’t done this for around 30 years, so my sympathy tank is empty. 

That’s true. The clubs have done it to themselves. 

It’s a funny thing with rich owners, on one hand I want to show my support to the club, on the other hand you think ‘you pay for it, you’re the millionaire’.  

I often think about Man City fans buying a match ticket (and us to an extent) - their £40 ticket will be a minuscule ‘investment’ in comparison to the overheads of that club being covered by their owners, that a ticket purchase is almost pointless - it’s almost a gesture of goodwill from a fan. 

The club isn't 'ours', we are fans of a product owned by a foreign business man who really doesn't have a clue or care about us. Why would I give any money at all? I have as much passion for swfc at the moment as I do for Amazon or Ray-Bans. (Actually I'm probably more a fan of Ray-Ban)

I am, however, really looking forward to the ODI series against Australia starting today.

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The owner is „cash rich“ so save your money for the next „and get this“ 20 year season ticket offer that mortgages the future of the club to desperately raise short term cash that the „cash rich“ owner obviously doesn’t need.

You say he’s cash rich but in truth we don’t just how rich he actually is but let’s turn this around for a moment. Let’s say you were our rich chairman with say £20m in the bank - now that’s not a bad amount to have sat in your bank is it.
But now with the pandemic you are having to support all the costs of running a Championship club with no real income from sponsors, turnstile money or even merchandising money. To keep the club solvent it is costing you personally let’s say £2m per month then in one season your £20m has been filtered and now you only have £10m sat in your bank

How long would it be before you say ‘sod this I can’t go on bankrolling this club indefinitely my personal wealth is eroding faster than the cliffs of Dover. I would guess all your family would be screaming for you to get an ‘exit strategy’ - to get out 

The point I’m trying to make is we as supporters of SWFC have a choice - we don’t have to buy expensive season tickets or expensive merchandise- no one is holding a gun to our heads and making us spend our hard earned money but right now our Chairman doesn’t in reality have a choice other than watching his wealth disappear or find a buyer.

catch 22 !!

30 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

You say he’s cash rich but in truth we don’t just how rich he actually is but let’s turn this around for a moment. Let’s say you were our rich chairman with say £20m in the bank - now that’s not a bad amount to have sat in your bank is it.
But now with the pandemic you are having to support all the costs of running a Championship club with no real income from sponsors, turnstile money or even merchandising money. To keep the club solvent it is costing you personally let’s say £2m per month then in one season your £20m has been filtered and now you only have £10m sat in your bank

How long would it be before you say ‘sod this I can’t go on bankrolling this club indefinitely my personal wealth is eroding faster than the cliffs of Dover. I would guess all your family would be screaming for you to get an ‘exit strategy’ - to get out 

The point I’m trying to make is we as supporters of SWFC have a choice - we don’t have to buy expensive season tickets or expensive merchandise- no one is holding a gun to our heads and making us spend our hard earned money but right now our Chairman doesn’t in reality have a choice other than watching his wealth disappear or find a buyer.

catch 22 !!

I think you might want to read it again...in truth nobody knows how „cash rich“ he is but we do know his fondness for strange multi year ticket deals which damage the long term finances of the business just to bring in quick cash, which if he were „cash rich“ he wouldn‘t actually need.

Personally yes I would. My only financial contribution to the club is an ifollow subscription and a bit of merchandise every year. 

Have posted on here before that the club needs to do more to get cash from the wider based fan base and not constantly bleed the season ticket holders dry.

An idea would be for the fans to sponsor the shirts, obviously thousands of us would have to contribute to make it financially viable for the club but would much rather see WAWAW on the front of the shirt than some random company.