Finances..

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The biggest out going by a mile is players wages. Think if clubs are going to go to the wall the PFA should do something.
At least look into deferring wages but preferably a wage cut. I am sure the players will have legally tight contracts so this might not be possible.

But its a bad look from football if players dig their heels in when they are on so much and clubs going to the wall.

As we have seen for the 'great unwashed'(Marx & Engels) us in other words....Contracts can be broken,even valid ones Look at whats happened in multiple Industry's where staff have been told they are required to accept new contracts on lower salary's & terms & conditions.Contract law does allow Employers to break contracts if eg: in certain conditions where the future of the business ,etc is in jeopardy. Dont see myself why the same principle shouldn't apply,further up the feeding chain

Edited by parajack

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, parajack said:

You incapable of debate?or disagreeing without being a nob?..come on Einstein,treat us,rip apart my views with your razor wit....cant wait..should be easy its such bumf....

Cba..its a borin topic..if off to a more exciting thread 🖐

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think this might have happened at one time like Man City lending Manchester United use of Maine Road after WW2.

May even happen in other sports like Rugby or Cricket but modern football forget it.

Oh i agree mate,I was asked a Q ,and gave a view,i agree given the status quo(dont bother with the jokes,.....or Memes ,spare us.please!) such a thing might be desirable,but very little hope,and Bob Hope of happening..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

As we have seen for the 'great unwashed'(Marx & Engels) us in other words....Contracts can be broken,even valid ones Look at whats happened in multiple Industry's where staff have been told they are required to accept new contracts on lower salary's & terms & conditions.Contract law does allow Employers to break contracts if eg: in certain conditions where the future of the business ,etc is in jeopardy. Dont see myself why the same principle shouldn't apply,further up the feeding chain

That is interesting but they have been loads of examples of clubs almost going to the wall and the players always got paid the full amount in the end. Think this rule goes back years at time of maximum wage was abolished when players were on not much more than average wages.

Think football is only business where the employees (the players) are entitled to money before the HMRC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Cba..its a borin topic..if off to a more exciting thread 🖐

Didn't see anyone twist your arm to read it or post in it,?...you incapable of jogging past a thread you have no interest in? NO you couldn't resist making a clever remark,than realized you were over-matched and did one....Its ok,I dont blame you....The longer you go on,the more of a mug you will look.....

Edited by parajack

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Didnt see anyone twist your arm to read it or post in it,?...you incapable of jogging past a thread you have no interest in? NO you couldn't resist making a clever remark,than realized you were over-matched and did one....Its ok,i dont blame you....The lonfger you go on,the more of a mug you will look.....

'Over-matched'🤔what does that even mean🤣.anyway this is the last bite you get for the time being..im too busy for this nonsense

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

'Over-matched'🤔what does that even mean🤣.anyway this is the last bite you get for the time being..im too busy for this nonsense

See how easy it is?....bite straight back,not bored now eh? Try debating and disagreeing in a civil way,& the responses you get will be the same

Edited by parajack

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

That is interesting but they have been loads of examples of clubs almost going to the wall and the players always got paid the full amount in the end. Think this rule goes back years at time of maximum wage was abolished when players were on not much more than average wages.

Think football is only business where the employees (the players) are entitled to money before the HMRC.

Not straightforward but it boils down to if the changes can be arguable as 'Reasonable'(Judge decides based on both sides submissions either at employment tribunal or Court,depending on which is chosen/relevent ie: self employed cant access ET) given the new circumstances the Employer finds themselves in.Its even potentially justifiable to end an employment contract though inability to work through illness..injury?https://www.howellslegal.co.uk/news/post/Employment-Law-Myths-Dismissal-Whilst-on-Sick-Leave  personally i can think of a certain person i would have liked to have challenged?...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/basic-rights-and-contracts/changes-to-employment-contracts-overview/

basic cut &paste references, and would be fought tooth & nail by Players Union,but if a Judge ruled legal.....all it would need to set a precedent,same way the original one was set by Bosman  @Politics' of football would mean this course of action highly unlikely,but who knows ? 

Football and football fans have been a pain in the arse for government now since the eighties. Maybe leagues two and three folding and having a premier league one and two with invited live guests, but mainly as a “ for tv” sport would be quite a good result?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think this might have happened at one time like Man City lending Manchester United use of Maine Road after WW2.

May even happen in other sports like Rugby or Cricket but modern football forget it.

The modern world in a nutshell largely - I'm alright, so you can knackers. A lot of supposedly big clubs have fallen on hard times in the recent past, going all the way up to Manchester City in the third tier as recently as 1999. Who is to say who might be next? Concepts of community and the greater good are slowly ebbing away as considerations in all areas. Sadly, I think large swathes of the Premier League and the media would not only be untroubled by numerous clubs disappearing, some might even welcome it in anticipation of more support gravitating towards the elite.

image.png.b5b185a86e0b5e21ad268c7702896e57.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Football and football fans have been a pain in the arse for government now since the eighties. Maybe leagues two and three folding and having a premier league one and two with invited live guests, but mainly as a “ for tv” sport would be quite a good result?

Well as the title of the thread is 'finances' maybe your right,but for who?& for how long?where would we(as an example) go to if relegated this season? Conference? & so on..Clubs wouldn't be able to survive with huge(and unlikely) amount's of parachute payment from the  current 'Championship' PL2?

Also what of the fans/supporters? pick a team at random to support from PL1 & 2?...would you support the blunts if Wednesday folded? I wouldn't..though i personally wish them every success(my dads team) but i would never support them

On 10/09/2020 at 13:40, striker said:

I think all football clubs right now are reliant on EFL, which is a huge problem as EFL haven't got a clue. They are probably waiting to be told what to do by the Premier League. 

The season starts this weekend with all clubs income decimated, no resolution on financial support, FFP/P&S, while pursuing punitive legal cases. With deafening silence from the EFL, dissenting voices from MP's, WBA chairman notably,  have to wonder what the EFL are doing. While they are ******** about with Twitter nonsense pretending nothing is wrong, do they not understand that every game played right now costs clubs money, with no income to replace those losses.

If fan absence continues through most of this season, it's going to be carnage, with plenty of clubs in trouble. Think with DC we are more secure than most and pleased we've cut our cloth accordingly regarding expenditure. 

EFL just had their request to Keep Fulhams  second year parachute payments turned down by the Premier league....wanted to use it to help struggling Championship clubs i believe..

Edited by parajack

On 10/09/2020 at 14:52, McRightSide said:

Perhaps because there is a legal contract in place with regards to wages?

They can be varied in such circumstances,i dare say the Airline pilots having to toe the line have similar,i have posted on this,in this thread,so wont repeat it..

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

Not sure about that ......there no 3 year contracts for golfers if they dont make the cut and half the field dont they get paid bugger all but still have to pay there coach caddie,hotel,flights ......you dont win a place on the european tour if your a mediocre player.

Dont need too mate,My nephews a pro Golfer,have a look at what those who come waaay further down the field get in prize money...still a good living...jets all over the world to play,brilliant lifestyle,....doing **** all at the moment obviously..accept your pint(that too!) point about contract lenth,but footballers(as ati has) do seem to land on the next gig easy enough,until they run out of steam...

Edited by parajack

Players are over paid in the PL and Championship. It's not the players fault, they take the best offer they can get. It's the clubs who  are to blame. I can understand why they do it, success is worth big bucks and failure is very expensive. They can only field 11 players, they want the best  in each position. There was a comparative I like with horse racing, the winner might get say £10,000 and second gets less than £1000. That's a massive distance and the margin of victory might be 'a nose'. Big benefit for baybe a miniscule outperformance. Same thing in football just a tiny improvement can mean a win instead of a draw.

Unless it's absolutely forced on them the clubs won't change. Whatever the EPL and EFL bring in to sort out the problem needs to be fair, they haven't got it right yet. A rule that all contracts should include a wage drop of a set %age for each player on relegation would be a start. That way parachute payments wouldn't be needed anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Dont need too mate,My nephews a pro Golfer,have a look at what those who come waaay further down the field get in prize money...still a good living...jets all over the world to play,brilliant lifestyle,....doing **** all at the moment obviously..accept your pint(that too!) point about contract lenth,but footballers(as ati has) do seem to land on the next gig easy enough,until they run out of steam...

so your nephew has a brilliant lifestyle even though he's mediocre ......it's ridiculous to think anyone who can make a good living at any sport is a mediocre player .

• Haha 1