Finances..

Championship Clubs were reported to be in ongoing talks with the Premier league over ongoing support during the Covid 19 crisis.before the Latest Govt rules on public gatherings.No fans now likely to be going back any time soon.Maybe  those like Wednesday with a Rich Chairman may well weather the storm better than others?? what do you think? FFP suspended for this season,(maybe indefinitely,who knows) last time i looked i think the fans contribution was around 6 Million over a season...Will he be allowed to dip in his pocket?

What impact will playing to empty Stadia have do you think? Take the pressure off to perform? or with no atmosphere,make it harder to get going?

Do you think if JR if played he might hit form in those circumstances? Did see one report from a teammate that he was 'banging them in'(football training!! before the wags start!!) during practice?

How do you think it will impact the Owls?

I think all football clubs right now are reliant on EFL, which is a huge problem as EFL haven't got a clue. They are probably waiting to be told what to do by the Premier League. 

The season starts this weekend with all clubs income decimated, no resolution on financial support, FFP/P&S, while pursuing punitive legal cases. With deafening silence from the EFL, dissenting voices from MP's, WBA chairman notably,  have to wonder what the EFL are doing. While they are ******** about with Twitter nonsense pretending nothing is wrong, do they not understand that every game played right now costs clubs money, with no income to replace those losses.

If fan absence continues through most of this season, it's going to be carnage, with plenty of clubs in trouble. Think with DC we are more secure than most and pleased we've cut our cloth accordingly regarding expenditure. 

• Like 1

I’m hoping that irrespective of FFP that there will be clubs without an owner prepared to dip into his deep pockets such that the lack of match day income results in a few going into admin. Hopefully, it’ll be the lower end clubs and -12 points will put them below us in the table. 

Mass admin could be our get out of jail card.

• Like 1

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

I’m hoping that irrespective of FFP that there will be clubs without an owner prepared to dip into his deep pockets such that the lack of match day income results in a few going into admin. Hopefully, it’ll be the lower end clubs and -12 points will put them below us in the table. 

Mass admin could be our get out of jail card.

i dont see how some clubs can possibly avoid going into admin if fans cant go .....

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Clubs should not have agreed to pay daft wages for average player then they might be in a better position to weather the financial storm that might be coming their way.

Zero sympathy from me.

Yep. As a basic rule I hate the idea of clubs going bust, however......if you've made no provision for a rainy day or your backers simply don't have the wealth behind them to prop you up then you were overcommitted. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, striker said:

I think all football clubs right now are reliant on EFL, which is a huge problem as EFL haven't got a clue. They are probably waiting to be told what to do by the Premier League. 

The season starts this weekend with all clubs income decimated, no resolution on financial support, FFP/P&S, while pursuing punitive legal cases. With deafening silence from the EFL, dissenting voices from MP's, WBA chairman notably,  have to wonder what the EFL are doing. While they are ******** about with Twitter nonsense pretending nothing is wrong, do they not understand that every game played right now costs clubs money, with no income to replace those losses.

If fan absence continues through most of this season, it's going to be carnage, with plenty of clubs in trouble. Think with DC we are more secure than most and pleased we've cut our cloth accordingly regarding expenditure. 

Interestingly the EPL are trying to apply pressure on the Government to get fans in the stadia ASAP to ease the problem ? A good Idea would be for EPL to temporarily slash player wages, EFL too as far as that goes; Until COVID 19 subsides somewhat. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Interestingly the EPL are trying to apply pressure on the Government to get fans in the stadia ASAP to ease the problem ? A good Idea would be for EPL to temporarily slash player wages, EFL too as far as that goes; Until COVID 19 subsides somewhat. 

Its actually beyond disgusting. Risk the health and lives of fans before cutting player wages. I'd love someone from the either of those organisations to rationalise that arguement for us all.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see a carnage situation where clubs without a benefactor have to go into admin. Players and staff thrown on th scrap heap.

Clubs like ours with a rich benefactor could survive but only if the owners pump more money in, but by doing this they would break the FFP.  

Wonder what the EFL,s attitude would be then.

Edited by A E Neuman NYowl
Sp
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Agree. 

Also note EFL still skimming 20% from ifollow subscriptions. Why can't clubs receive 100% until fans allowed back?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Its actually beyond disgusting. Risk the health and lives of fans before cutting player wages. I'd love someone from the either of those organisations to rationalise that arguement for us all.

Perhaps because there is a legal contract in place with regards to wages?

And in other news Chelsea continue to spend spend spend and look to spend over £200m in this transfer window.

Football is broken and unfortunately if a few championship teams or below go to the wall, no one will be bothered. It will only be when people stop paying the money to Amazon, Sky, BT and the rest that the greed at the top of English football will start to dry up. The list below of transfer so far this season, over £500m in transfers and this figure will probably double before the window shuts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2020&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

And in other news Chelsea continue to spend spend spend and look to spend over £200m in this transfer window.

Football is broken and unfortunately if a few championship teams or below go to the wall, no one will be bothered. It will only be when people stop paying the money to Amazon, Sky, BT and the rest that the greed at the top of English football will start to dry up. The list below of transfer so far this season, over £500m in transfers and this figure will probably double before the window shuts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2020&s_w=s&leihe=3&intern=0&intern=1

They did recoup nearly £135m in players out the previous season though...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The premier league, sky, BT don't give a shiete about the championship or league's one or two. 

• Like 5

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The premier league, sky, BT don't give a shiete about the championship or league's one or two. 

Even more so without a Villa,Leeds or Newcastle in it.