Garry Monk's coaching team to work with Jordan Rhodes

On 10/09/2020 at 11:39, @owlstalk said:

Untitled design-17.png.gallery.jpg

Garry Monk's coaching team to work with Jordan Rhodes

"I believe there is a player more than capable in there"

"He has had a tough two or three years"

"We have set him targets to try and get him back to a level where he can consistently perform"

So we have another deluded coaching team, just say what you think everyone wants to hear, ruthless is what we need not yes men. 

Alan Shearer was having a bad spell at Newcastle. Bobby Robson arrived and said to him that he (Robson) wasn’t seeing enough of his no.9 on the back of his shirt. Shearer took it on board and the rest was history.

I’m no coach but hopefully Beattie will find out what needs to be done to get the best from him.

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Alan Shearer was having a bad spell at Newcastle. Bobby Robson arrived and said to him that he (Robson) wasn’t seeing enough of his no.9 on the back of his shirt. Shearer took it on board and the rest was history.

I’m no coach but hopefully Beattie will find out what needs to be done to get the best from him.

1876717016_funnyheadnodchuck.gif.bf62cc45daaeca9ac0a49292ce6749b8.gif

On 10/09/2020 at 21:13, The Baron said:

I’ll be a little controversial. The problem is not Jordan Rhodes, he hasn’t scored regularly for a few reasons:

over recent seasons we have rarely delivered decent quality crosses into the box due to having poor quality wingers, building up too slowly, and inept coaching and management. 

He has rarely had a decent run of games in the team for a full 90 minutes. 

When he plays we ask too much of him in terms of work outside the box. He’s a goal scorer and to do that job he needs service in and around the penalty area; particularly the six yard box. He will be judged on goals, not through trying to impress with work rate. 

if Rhodes was to play every game this coming season, if we get crosses into the box, and play the ball into his feet rather than lump it high to him aimlessly, I would wager he would score twenty plus goals. 

Goal scoring is not something you forget. In the absence of any other genuine goal scorer let’s give him a sustained run; some people might just be surprised! 

A five yard tap in within his first 45 minutes. Stick with him and goals will come. 

On 10/09/2020 at 22:14, DJMortimer said:

What nonsense. Lineker had an efficiency of movement and intelligence of anticipation that Rhodes can only dream about, never mind the difference in speed. And it also does nothing to explain why apparently less talented finishers in their legions were able to take this same supply and still score goals more often. Imagine what the reaction would have been if back when he arrived I'd said, "Despite having no injury problems, after two and a half years at the club (not including the loan at Norwich) he would have been involved in fewer goals than Nuhiu managed in just four months." 

This is the self-fulfilling rubbish I denounced just a minute before. Apart from that one game, Rhodes is currently on a run of 17+14 appearances and ONE GOAL. What did we do at Forest that was so revolutionary? Only one of his goals came from one of these legendary crosses that everyone goes on about, and anyone would have converted such a simple opportunity. The other two had nothing to do with a style of play - a shot from the edge of the area after a long punt and a loose ball in a crowded box after a corner. Both were undeniably very well finished, but it's like arguing Halley's Comet will be here every month because you saw it not too long ago.

Oooops

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from Rhodes taking your negativity, wiping his backside on it and throwing it back IN YOUR FACE 

lol

Lets not be hasty eh ? Great to see him on the score sheet and I for one will be delighted to see him become something like his former self.

One Game, lets see some consistency, and some of us may believe you.

UTO

Edited by quinnssweetshop

On 10/09/2020 at 22:14, DJMortimer said:

What nonsense. Lineker had an efficiency of movement and intelligence of anticipation that Rhodes can only dream about, never mind the difference in speed. And it also does nothing to explain why apparently less talented finishers in their legions were able to take this same supply and still score goals more often. Imagine what the reaction would have been if back when he arrived I'd said, "Despite having no injury problems, after two and a half years at the club (not including the loan at Norwich) he would have been involved in fewer goals than Nuhiu managed in just four months." 

This is the self-fulfilling rubbish I denounced just a minute before. Apart from that one game, Rhodes is currently on a run of 17+14 appearances and ONE GOAL. What did we do at Forest that was so revolutionary? Only one of his goals came from one of these legendary crosses that everyone goes on about, and anyone would have converted such a simple opportunity. The other two had nothing to do with a style of play - a shot from the edge of the area after a long punt and a loose ball in a crowded box after a corner. Both were undeniably very well finished, but it's like arguing Halley's Comet will be here every month because you saw it not too long ago.

Rhodes is currently on a run of 1 in 1

garymegson

Jordan Rhodes, Goal Machine

Jordan Rhodes, Goal Machine20200912_154602.thumb.jpg.1ed646f61e667e11315513882cd6764e.jpg