Garry Monk's coaching team to work with Jordan Rhodes

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"We have set him targets to try and get him back to a level where he can consistently perform"

Just him?

He was very active against Leicester, but there was no supply to him. At some point we have to realise that forwards need supply.
It's not just about changing what Jordan does as I dont think he was doing anything bad against Leicester, it's about the team.

Penney on the left and Harris on the right might help. Brown in the hole looks good creatively.
I'd also sit down Bannan and Rhodes together and have them have a conversation about where Rhodes wants the ball.

It's not just about Rhodes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Well it can’t hurt for him to get some specific advice from the likes of Beattie My own feeling is, that the direction in which we seem to be heading with Monk, doesn’t allow for a player like Jordan Rhodes. At best, there might be the opportunity of a role similar to the one he had at Norwich. A last 10 minutes guy if needed from the bench, and playing against lower league opponents in the cup. Monk denied him even that in the last round, when could quite easily have played him, and given him the chance to get some confidence boosting goals.

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Just him?

He was very active against Leicester, but there was no supply to him. At some point we have to realise that forwards need supply.
It's not just about changing what Jordan does as I dont think he was doing anything bad against Leicester, it's about the team.

Penney on the left and Harris on the right might help. Brown in the hole looks good creatively.
I'd also sit down Bannan and Rhodes together and have them have a conversation about where Rhodes wants the ball.

It's not just about Rhodes.

You had me at ‘he looked active’... you should be a comedian mate!

20 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You had me at ‘he looked active’... you should be a comedian mate!

You should pay more attention to what players do in matches instead of making ill-informed statements because you think people might like you for them.

• Like 3