Dom’s team V Cardiff.....

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Am with Grandad on Borner.  Something not quite right with his game since Christmas.  Looks a bit ragged, and misjudges some situations that are strange ones to misjudge.

He has, still a better option than the injured Dunkley or Van Aken given we are likely to go with 3 CB's though.

15 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

3-4-1-2

Dawson

Iorfa.              Lees.          Borner 

Harris.           Luongo.        Bannan.         Penney

Brown

Kachunga.              Windass 

Sticking with this system that's our best side.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Actually looking at the likely starters on Saturday we are not that bad a side.

Not first person to say this but its hard to see where we are going to score many if we don't get a couple of forwards in.
Also our strength in depth is a big worry. Once we get a few injuries, suspensions I don't think we have enough in us to make up the 12 point gap.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

This.

Right center half is iorfa or Palmer, center is dunkley or lees and left borner or van Aitken.

Weak part is obviously the left hand side.

Borner looked like he were kicking up hill at Graves Park on Satdy. 

Hopefully just a bit of rust.

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Personally I'd go 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 but Monk will most likely stick with 3-5-2. I fancy our chances with the players they have out and with it being an opening day fixture and no home crowd advantage. It will still be a difficult game, their strengths last season, seemed to be out wide; the counter attack, headers and their substitutions. For those reasons I'd pick Penney and Palmer as wing backs. Harris could be a good option off the bench or if we at some point revert to 4-3-3 I'd push him further forward. 

What I'd go with personally; (4-3-3) 

Wildsmith; Palmer, Penney, Dunkley or Lees, Iorfa; Luongo, Bannan, Brown; Harris, Windass and Kachunga or (new striker). 

What we'll probably go with; (3-5-2) 

Dawson; Borner, Lees, Iorfa; Penney or Palmer, Luongo, Bannan, Brown, Harris; Windass and Kachunga or (new striker). 

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest Bulgaria
22 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Borner looked like he were kicking up hill at Graves Park on Satdy. 

Hopefully just a bit of rust.

Pitch 16 if I remember. It was like playing on Upper Albert road!

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Pitch 16 if I remember. It was like playing on Upper Albert road!

Forget which pitch but one had a bump in the middle. 

From one goal to the other ypu could only make out the cross bar and the top foot of each post. 

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Forget which pitch but one had a bump in the middle. 

From one goal to the other ypu could only make out the cross bar and the top foot of each post. 

That's the one. Brutal.

55 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Yes I do and can see him playing Saturday.  Borner awful Vs Walsall and lees not suited to playing as the left side in a 3. Van Aitken did ok Vs Leicester

Well I thought he was sixth best out of six centre halves against Leicester but everyone can see it differently and if he is in, I hope he has a blinder.