Dom’s team V Cardiff.....

This is what I would play given what we have at the minute. Luongo staying deeper, windass and kachunga pushing into so Rhodes isn’t isolated. brown pushing forward and Bannan getting past the middle3rd as well. Reach and Harris are decent subs for the wide players.

BBC63AEA-93A6-433A-A894-205F6F7134CA.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

That's the team I'd go with too. Penney has earned his place in the team after last weeks performance. 

Seems like a decent shout to me too with the options we have, bit concerned about the ability to win the ball back and to hold it up in the final 3rd to enable us to play further up field than we did last weekend but don't think we currently have any more effective options in that respect. 

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

This is what I would play given what we have at the minute. Luongo staying deeper, windass and kachunga pushing into so Rhodes isn’t isolated. brown pushing forward and Bannan getting past the middle3rd as well. Reach and Harris are decent subs for the wide players.

BBC63AEA-93A6-433A-A894-205F6F7134CA.png

Also a fair shout but I just can't see Monk straying away from the 3 at the back at the moment. As ineffective as Rhodes has been, his positioning did at least allow us to have a better shape in the final 3rd in the closing stages of the game at Walsall which helped Brown to get into the game more and was when we looked most like making a breakthrough, alongside Penney's very encouraging display.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Also a fair shout but I just can't see Monk straying away from the 3 at the back at the moment. As ineffective as Rhodes has been, his positioning did at least allow us to have a better shape in the final 3rd in the closing stages of the game at Walsall which helped Brown to get into the game more and was when we looked most like making a breakthrough, alongside Penney's very encouraging display.

Yeah was going to put I can’t see him abandoning 3 at the back yet so this is what I would play considering. Either way I want to see brown getting the ball in the final 3rd between the defensive and midfield lines, Bannan operating between the middle of the pitch and higher up and not from the middle to further back. Kachunga and windass can fight it out for the space upfront with Rhodes leaving reach and Palmer to replace the wingbacks if required.

I know we all slate Rhodes but either formation should give us enough possession to work our way up the pitch rather than lumping it up to him.

58B114EC-FAD5-48A5-8FE1-53AE2EAD1E30.png

3-4-1-2

Dawson

Iorfa.              Lees.          Borner 

Harris.           Luongo.        Bannan.         Penney

Brown

Kachunga.              Windass 

• Like 3

Dawson

Iorfa         Lees          Borner

Luongo Bannan

Harris     Brown     Windass    Penney