Kenneth Zohore

3 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Didn’t want this fella before the season got underway. Definitely don’t want him now. Warnock labelled him ‘lazy’. Doesn’t fit in with what GM is trying to build.

Odd then that Warnock has been chasing him for Boro 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Howards back said:

If Middlesbrough’s results don’t improve Warnock won’t be there much longer. 

Fingers crossed 🤞- would love for us to win first 5 games and them lose all theirs and us be 3 points in front of them after 5 games - now wouldn't that be hilarious - imagine steve gibson's face 🤣

Oooh ..and then the same week we win appeal and get some points back .... double hilarious 🤣

Then I woke up ...🙃

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Didn’t want this fella before the season got underway. Definitely don’t want him now. Warnock labelled him ‘lazy’. Doesn’t fit in with what GM is trying to build.

Out of interested when did Warnock say he was lazy? In the last few days?

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

December 2016.

okay that’s interesting, as has been said Warnock is meant to be trying to get him to Boro so can’t be too bad.  Some players are lazy but come alive in the final third, or lazy in training and then great on match days 

13 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

okay that’s interesting, as has been said Warnock is meant to be trying to get him to Boro so can’t be too bad.  Some players are lazy but come alive in the final third, or lazy in training and then great on match days 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-manager-neil-warnock-12338343

Article about him hitting form for Cardiff and Warthog saying he has been lazy previously.

Edited by Prince
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I was lazy in training and then worse on matchdays.

• Haha 1

Well, apparently, since West Brom’s promotion to the Premiership, the terms of Zohore’s contract have seen his wages double to £50,000 per week.

I am now understanding why agreeing his wages for a loan move is a problem. My guess is that he’ll probably sit his contract out in £50k per week to do nothing.

You never know though.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Well, apparently, since West Brom’s promotion to the Premiership, the terms of Zohore’s contract have seen his wages double to £50,000 per week.

I am now understanding why agreeing his wages for a loan move is a problem. My guess is that he’ll probably sit his contract out in £50k per week to do nothing.

You never know though.

Would we not have known that very early on in the pursuit

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

You never know though.

We'd be best off in the long run signing a reasonably young striker permanently, rather than loaning a top flight player on big wages, that we probably won't be able to sign at the end of their loan. If we can afford to bring in a striker for a transfer fee, I'd look at the lower leagues or abroad. The likes of Kayden Jackson and Macauley Bonne, and others are generating Championship interest. Although Zohore would suit us, we might be better off looking for someone on less wages and on the rise. 

• Like 1