Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Shame if we aren’t able to get him due to wages but shows just how crazy football is. Not going to get games in the PL and could well be too expensive for anyone Outside of the PL to take on - bizarre!

 

Guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow when the ‘supposed’ talks take place.

Don’t worry mate, it’s sorted !!  UTO 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

No more been held to ransom if he comes he comes on our terms, if WBA have put him on silly money it's their mess they can deal with it. We want players here who want to come and play not rob the bank.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Shame if we aren’t able to get him due to wages but shows just how crazy football is. Not going to get games in the PL and could well be too expensive for anyone Outside of the PL to take on - bizarre!

 

Guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow when the ‘supposed’ talks take place.

 

We can't afford not to get him.

 

We're short up front.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

 

We can't afford not to get him.

 

We're short up front.


Course we can. He’s not the only striker in the world.. No point in going down the previous route overpaying unnecessarily.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

 

We can't afford not to get him.

 

We're short up front.

This is where things must change if the deal is right for us we get him if not we move on,otherwise we will never get out of this financial mess. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.

Edited by gurujuan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.


If Simmonds was a top target, you don’t walk away unless you absolutely have to. He hasn’t gone elsewhere. If we can’t agree wages to buy at this time, maybe we can loan him in with an option and pre-agreed fee with City.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

There’s no way we will bring in two forwards. After hopefully getting Zohore that will be it


I disagree. The smart move would be to sell Adam Reach and replace him with a kid like Simmonds. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gizowl said:

No more been held to ransom if he comes he comes on our terms, if WBA have put him on silly money it's their mess they can deal with it. We want players here who want to come and play not rob the bank.

That leaves you with a very, very, small pool of players to pick from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would have thought if he is coming for talks today that the clubs have agreed loan/fee and that he may be open to a lower wage. He must know that we will not be able to pay PL wages

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we can get Zohore, we’ll just need one more striker to complete the group. Although I’d have preferred us to look on the continent for a, maybe raw, but more dynamic number nine, Zohore would be a decent focal point. Not prolific, but with enough all round skills to lead the line. He’s strong, reasonably quick when gets into his stride, is not bad with the ball at his feet, and could be a threat in the air. For a guy of his size, heading is perhaps not his strongest asset. So if we were looking to buy, I’d have preferred a less experienced prospect, but on loan, Zohore will be more than useful. We’d then need to add someone with real pace to the group, to give us that option. Maybe another youngster on loan from a Premier League side, or perhaps we could revisit the Kendrah Simmonds deal.

 

I think the Simmonds deal will still happen as I think Monk will have one eye on next season with signing him as he perhaps has with FDB?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

There’s no way we will bring in two forwards. After hopefully getting Zohore that will be it

I hope not, you need at least five forwards over a season Last season we used nine

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope not, you need at least five forwards over a season Last season we used nine

 

I seem to remember the season we tried to sign all the strikers, much good that did us... This season we seem to go for the solitary option... wish we could find some balance here 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wilyfox said:


I disagree. The smart move would be to sell Adam Reach and replace him with a kid like Simmonds. 

Oh I’m not saying your idea is wrong. I totally agree. It just won’t happen that’s all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...