He'll probably still come - and is definitely the right type of player we need. 

However I think all of us can safely say that we've had enough overpaid, underperforming primadonnas around the place recently. We know it's not worked in the past, so why bring someone in who's likely to upset the dressing room. 

I've finally got round to listening to some of the Under The Cosh podcasts and Michael Gray and a few others note how so many players we've had in the past completely take the p*ss at Wednesday. We need to get out of the mindset of signing bloated talent with negative attitudes. Young, hungry players are the key to success with the older heads we have in. 

• Like 3

Well, he can't expect to keep his pay bump if he's going to immediately return to the championship without a kick. As for loan or buy, smart move would be loan + option.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can be sensible (although our track record of that is not great) and take him on loan with an option to sign if we stay up. Agree the fee now and get it done.

Just now, wilyfox said:

I will say this though...if we have the money to consider buying Zohore, why on earth did we not go for Lyndon Dykes? I really wish we had.

I don't think we have the money for me it's poor journalism

If Monk and Beats can get Zohore back to his Cardiff form then we’d have a decent player.  As others have said look what the pigs did with Clarke and McGoldrick, strikers we laughed about re-signing at the time and their attributes have contributed to their successes.

I like the idea of us having Zohore, Windass, Kachunga and Rhodes as striking options.  

• Like 3

As long as it’s a loan I’d be happy ? If he does ok then great if he not bothered which some wba fans have said then send him back ? If we are buying we really are taking a big gamble ? All our eggs in one basket? He as all the attributes we need big strong bit of pace for a big lad but big big gamble for a buy ??

I’m sure the owner has the means to pay his wages but there seems to be a new approach at the club and i don’t think whatever the new wage structure is will be broken, for Zohore or anyone else 

If he comes here I would imagine it will be down to some shrewd negotiation

• Like 1
1 hour ago, modboy said:

£20kpw according to FM20

Seems much more realistic

If that's correct, a season long loan with us paying £15k a werk of his wages would be a good deal if we could pull it off. 

As it seems the Baggies are happy to sell him, has anyone any idea of what the fee would be? 

4 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Confident then buddy? surely nowhere near 50k!?

Where’s the 50k figure come from? I highly doubt he’s on that even with a promotion wage hike.

Season long loan I’ve heard.