2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

You can never trust those "goal to minute" ratios. Goal involvement or 1 in 191 mins could mean he provides nothing for 2 games, then has a stormer of a match and provides a couple of goals and assists. 

Rhodes for example last season, 3 goals in one game... No goals in any of the rest! 

They're not the be-all-and-end-all of course, and they won't capture all the detail of a player's form, but provided a player has played a decent number of minutes, they give a general indication of their goalscoring effectiveness across a season. 

Rhodes only played 684 minutes in the league for us last season, so it's easy to see why his stats will be skewed.

In the season I was discussing for Zohore, he played 2679 minutes and contributed a goal or an assist in 12 different games as opposed to Rhodes' one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow just thinking how hard it is for those on here who try to be positive about everything.  Got there work cut out this transfer window. Gone from players who might do okay in lower premiership to players who might do well in lower championship/top end of league 1. Keep going though Anti negativity brigade 👍 keep smiling 😉 

Don't worry one day I hope your all right and we do have something ACTUALLY positive to cheer about.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming his 'one good season' was 16/17, he still managed to score nine and assist five the following year. If he's capable of a goal every 298 minutes and a direct involvement in a goal every 191 minutes when he's lost his confidence and playing terribly, then imagine what he's capable of when he's firing on all cylinders.

18/19.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

How in any way is Warnock unprofessional?

Warnock will have Middlesborough up there this season.

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm just shocked that the team on minus 12 hasn't been able to recruit the second coming of Brazilian Ronaldo.

Think people need to get realistic with their expectations.

This season is going to be about as much fun as...well, the previous three.

I know what you're saying, but does that mean we just sign any sh*t striker we can?  Surely there are better options either lower down the leagues or youngsters from EPL who would be a better gamble for the money?

After the way Rhodes has worked out. Why bring in players in similar situation of could they do better and without Rhodes record before.... plus why waste it on a few potential duds why mot try for one decent striker.... competition needs to be who's best not who's not the worst! Beattie has his worked cut out lol every striker needs transforming! Might have them ready for the fight back in league 1 ......... surely Monk would not be here then though.......

• Haha 1

So with the announcements yesterday it is obvious that we won't be returning to stadiums in the near future

As this will have a greater impact on league one clubs (where the young and hungry players supposedly are) I wonder if we will be revisiting any of our targets as clubs may have to sell to survive?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They're not the be-all-and-end-all of course, and they won't capture all the detail of a player's form, but provided a player has played a decent number of minutes, they give a general indication of their goalscoring effectiveness across a season. 

Rhodes only played 684 minutes in the league for us last season, so it's easy to see why his stats will be skewed.

In the season I was discussing for Zohore, he played 2679 minutes and contributed a goal or an assist in 12 different games as opposed to Rhodes' one.

TBF to Rhodes though, in that same season he got 5 goals and an assist in 1550 minutes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Wow just thinking how hard it is for those on here who try to be positive about everything.  Got there work cut out this transfer window. Gone from players who might do okay in lower premiership to players who might do well in lower championship/top end of league 1. Keep going though Anti negativity brigade 👍 keep smiling 😉 

Don't worry one day I hope your all right and we do have something ACTUALLY positive to cheer about.

If you’re thinking then that’s progress at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Oh bless.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Hooray!!  Look everyone, the negatives are trying to start a fight with the positives.

Fight fight fight!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, billyblack said:

How in any way is Warnock unprofessional?

How about asking Bobby Robson for a  backhander. 

Encouraging his players to harm opponents. 

Taking payments from player's for appearance bonuses. 

Trying to get a game called off.

The Star jumps.

Any more  ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jim said:

Warnock will have Middlesborough up there this season.

If by up there, you mean mid-table.  You're spot on.

• Like 1
Guest BelgiqueOwl
On 09/09/2020 at 09:11, Andysowls said:

Cracking signing....bullies defences, puts a shift in...fingers crossed UTO!

Bullies defences? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Look up what Colin wanka said about him