Adedoyin update

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

and it’s only for the development squad

Don’t see the problem. The U23’s kick off next week.

Looks like the club are doing a bit of due diligence for a change.

Haslam/Bullen must have run the rule over him and fancy signing him. Player might be asking too much or wants a lengthy deal.

Extend trial and let Monk and his new coaching team have a look at him. Looks like a sensible approach to me.

The U23’s play Wigan on Mon/Tuesday, so if a deal is going to happen we’ll know about it in the next 48 hours or so.

There must be a reason why the deal is taking so long? We obviously want to sign him and the lad must be keen otherwise he would have gone elsewhere by now? There were rumours on here not that long ago that we were looking at several trialists for the under-23s but apart from Adedoyin and Odutayo we haven't heard of anybody else publically?

48 minutes ago, Jim said:

There must be a reason why the deal is taking so long? We obviously want to sign him and the lad must be keen otherwise he would have gone elsewhere by now? There were rumours on here not that long ago that we were looking at several trialists for the under-23s but apart from Adedoyin and Odutayo we haven't heard of anybody else publically?

One of them, Chanka Zimba, a striker, has signed for Cardiff City

Guest Smackavolley
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think he played In the 8-0 loss at Toytown.

Maybe helped make his mind up 😂

An U19 side beat Huddersfield yesterday but I don’t know if we had anyone new on trial. Won 3-2.

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I still think we’ll end up promoting under 18s to the under 23s and under 16s to the under 18s ahead of schedule this season.

I’ll even go as far as predicting that Monk’s continuing policy of giving youngsters training time with the first team squad which I do see as a positive with him is certainly with a view to the future as this transition is going to go well into the next 2 years?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

I still think we’ll end up promoting under 18s to the under 23s and under 16s to the under 18s ahead of schedule this season.

I’ll even go as far as predicting that Monk’s continuing policy of giving youngsters training time with the first team squad which I do see as a positive with him is certainly with a view to the future as this transition is going to go well into the next 2 years?

Maybe, however I think it’s time for us to bring in a new target man for the U23s, having lost Damba and Borukov. We know how crucial such a player is for how Monk likes to play, and if we can get Zohore, we’ll need an understudy. If we can’t get a back up for the first team, we might have to call on a development lad

Edited by gurujuan

21 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

But we have to pay their wages for their entire contract even though they don't play for us.....and to maximise the impact for FFP their salaries are multiplied by 4 🤦

Still  be cheaper than some of the badge kisser's we have seen the back of,such were the lenth of their contracts,and alleged size of their wage packets..eh?