Adedoyin update

30 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Totally off topic chap..... Sorry 

But have you heard or do you know if there is a transfer embargo at swfc.? 

Only reason I'm asking is there is a chap convinced there is. 

Not as far as I'm aware, no. Heard nothing about an embargo.

Guest Jack the Hat

I was worried he may have watched the Walsall match and thought ‘no way I’m breaking into that front 2 anytime soon’ and moved elsewhere.

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Totally off topic chap..... Sorry 

But have you heard or do you know if there is a transfer embargo at swfc.? 

Only reason I'm asking is there is a chap convinced there is. 

Didn't we sign Windass for £450k. No embargo then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

We’ve signed five players how can there be an umbongo?

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that, if we lose the appeal, the umbongo would be applied retrospectively and all the players we have signed over the past three years have to go back from whence they came.

1 minute ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that, if we lose the appeal, the umbongo would be applied retrospectively and all the players we have signed over the past three years have to go back from whence they came.

But we have to pay their wages for their entire contract even though they don't play for us.....and to maximise the impact for FFP their salaries are multiplied by 4 🤦

• Haha 2

A question was asked about this chap at press conference today. Promsing player butit will be up to Steve Haslam to decide as primarily one for U/23s.

What I found interesting about that is Haslam making decisons. I am sure it was said Bullen was U/23 manager. 

Think we now know Bullen has been totally sidelined probably just working out contract.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

A question was asked about this chap at press conference today. Promsing player butit will be up to Steve Haslam to decide as primarily one for U/23s.

What I found interesting about that is Haslam making decisons. I am sure it was said Bullen was U/23 manager. 

Think we now know Bullen has been totally sidelined probably just working out contract.

Think Haslam is in overall control of the academy, Bullen now the u23 coach?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Think Haslam is in overall control of the academy, Bullen now the u23 coach?

Yes you are corrrect hs title is U/23 coach Ihad asumed he had taken over Thompson's role. 

Neil Thompson was the U/23 manager and Bullen had this role prior to him and it was their job to approve acquisitions for the team. The Academy manager was responsible for U/18s and below. In the restructure this has now changed. 

When Bullen first appointed to u/23s I remember him saying he was recruiting players for the team.

This is definitely a big reverse for Bullen.

• Like 2