As i thought...

3 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Whatever you think of his subsequent behaviour, and form, his contribution in the 1516 season was the most exciting one made by any players since the good days in the 1990s. 

It is very unlikely we will see anything at that level at Hillsborough in the near future. Quite possibly we will never see anything as good. 

Never see anything as good as a player scoring 15 goals in second tier football? Hopefully I’ve got another 50 years yet and if i don’t see anyone better than that in a Wednesday shirt In that time I’ll be very disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

But surely goin to udinese is a massive step up from Wednesday..🤫

Depends how you see the actual competitiveness,in Serie A.....certainly a slower,more technical game,so in truth better suited to FF .....'status' wise ide have to agree...but i think playing for Wednesday(cos ime a supporter) is the effing Bees knees!!

5 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

So your main concern is that he’s not signed in the Championship and, this somehow proves what exactly? How do you know how many clubs were in to sign him? Would you sign for a Championship club if you could play at a higher standard elsewhere?

He’s gone to a team in a better league and, will be playing alongside a better standard of player. It shows the talent he has as a player, I’m sure he’s devastated Stoke didn’t offer him a deal.

Would we have seen the best of that talent in a Wednesday shirt if we offered a new deal? No of course not, that ship had sailed. An undeniable talent who went well and truly off the boil for us. He has more talent in his left toe nail than any of our current forwards it was time for him to go regardless.

I dont have a concern,ime on Owlstalk,starting a topic for those interested(like you) to have their say,irrespective of whether i agree,or not....ime not trying to 'prove' anything..(or win,shoot down & all the other things people post..lost in their own little world..).Ive had easy 'Five Oh' interviews than posting on here at times.

Does every post have to be justified?..WE play in the Championship,FF has played in it,for a good few years.If i accept your analysis of him,& if your analysis was correct, its a reasonable Q to ask why there has been no apparent scramble for his services,given he is a 'free agent' & there is no fee involved.

How do 'i know'? well no one not in the game 'knows' definitively,we depend on official club,& player agent sources,Journo's, leaks, the same way we get all,or most of our football 'gossip so we than can post our opinions dont we?

.As to why he has gone to Udenise(where he came from) it could be the work of his agent,earning his money,it could be the alleged 'dark Forces' in place,that others have referenced,or it could indeed be that the club still believe FF has the ability to make an impact in Serie A,given its a slower,more technical league.

12 hours ago, parajack said:

As I thought...
NO Championship club for FF

Just curious.. did you think he's go to Serie A?

I'm still not sure if you 'knew' he wouldnt be at a championship club because he wasn't good enough or because he was too good.

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I'm still not sure if you 'knew' he wouldnt be at a championship club because he wasn't good enough or because he was too good.

I think he thougjt he wernt good enough for the championship..and now hes scored a massive own goal with this thread..reckon the op will be walking around with a bullethole in is foot🙈🤣

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The argument fans use for DC is he got us to a play off final, off the back of goals from Fessi and Hooper and a tight defense with Westwood, Loovens, Lees and good loan signing brought in by Glenn Roeder.

But all the players are money grabbing leaches and the chairman can do know wrong - I just don't get people like the OP clearly has issues with anyone who does not agree with him.

I dont have 'issues' with any fellow Wednesday supporter,i have an opinion and post it.If people disagree they are free to post there opinions(as you have)...To my knowledge where i have got things wrong,i have openly apologized,the most recent being yesterday....

Who else on here have you seen do the same? I dont(as has happened to me) try to humiliate or belittle people based on sentence structure,grammar,or spelling. Just because they disagree with my views & resort to attempts to belittle,so poor is their responses.

Nor do i post to 'win';...a debate..I post to enjoy  a debate.Often its not possible to persuade or change someones views..but it can be done as fellow fans,& supporters WAWAW?  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Its a forum,..people post opinions,mine was that i didn't think FF would get a Championship gig,I have already said no 'fan/supporter' knows....We look at what info we have,substantiated or not..(alleged wage demands,desired contract length,previous disciplinary record,and alleged attitude issue's.together with injury record) Based on that i expressed an opinion that he would most likely have to look for his Football abroad...(to get the terms he wanted). or it may have been a simple desire by him to play in Serie A...

You may disagree if you wish...we may never know..boils down to opinion....

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

I think he thougjt he wernt good enough for the championship..and now hes scored a massive own goal with this thread..reckon the op will be walking around with a bullethole in is foot🙈🤣

Seems some on here are more interested in point scoring,than commenting......really dont get it myself.....yes,i have a view, you dont share it, get over  it....I have...I have stated clearly why i thought FF wouldnt get a Championship Gig,& it wasnt 'he thought he wernt good enough'....   Your answering your own q not mine....

Edited by parajack

14 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Seria A is probably higher that championship level?

Also if he gets loaned to watford, can DC do that? Buy some rubbish team outside scope of efl or alike, buy players and then loan them straight to sheff wed..  I guess would be a blatent attempt at avoiding ffp

Dont think theres any doubt that Serie A is a higher level than the championship. 

12 hours ago, Sham67 said:
13 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Do they have P&S rules in Serie A? Presumably, as they have the same owner, Udinese pay his wages and loan him to Watford for nothing. No skin off the owners nose, it’s costing him the same but Watfords FFP total is healthier as they have no wages going out for him.

Forestieri probably pays less taxes in Italy than he would in UK also. 

Loan players are a limited resource.  Why would a club waste one?  Watford are coming down with failure payments and money from player sales. they will be awash with cash.  Only in the paranoid world of Owlstalk does this make any sense.

Championship clubs can sign as many loan players as they want, and include up to five in a matchday squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Whatever you think of his subsequent behaviour, and form, his contribution in the 1516 season was the most exciting one made by any players since the good days in the 1990s. 

It is very unlikely we will see anything at that level at Hillsborough in the near future. Quite possibly we will never see anything as good. 

What a refreshing change from all the negative,depressing posts.....'Breath of fresh air'....**** me...What do you think we were watching in the 70s & 80s? before Jack,& Howard,Big Ron & TF?....I was on the Lane end in i think 69 or 70 season, when we were relegated from the old First Division.Grown men crying,ground an absolute heaving mass of misery,massive crowd..Course we will see the like again,and better

Edited by parajack

22 hours ago, parajack said:

As it stands most would agree,but its a long way away from playing against us in the Championship..with Watford or whomever.(never did appear that scramble for his sig,did it?)...Is it his agent earning his money?or simply a genuine interest? back way of getting him to Watford again? dont know...Seen a news item,& put a topic up for people to bat their own ideas about  & discuss..As ever on here its never that simple!.....

Playing at wing back in the championship has scarred him for life. As you well know, it’s Monks fault. 
It was Monks fault that he had that Beef with a Mansfield player too. 

Unstoppable in this league on his day, such a shame he let himself down so often. The current financial climate has probably ensured clubs are no willing to take risks on temperamental players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Playing at wing back in the championship has scarred him for life. As you well know, it’s Monks fault. 
It was Monks fault that he had that Beef with a Mansfield player too. 

Unstoppable in this league on his day, such a shame he let himself down so often. The current financial climate has probably ensured clubs are no willing to take risks on temperamental players. 

At last,after 50 odd replies,the voice of reason....!

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

At last,after 50 odd replies,the voice of reason....!

We’ve a squad devoid of talent. A fan base starved of excitement, to some he was their hero. 

I read on another platform today that he was the most talented player we have ever had.
FFS

Supporting a team like ours causes the occasional bout of delusion, but we need it because the reality is that we are a few seasons away from challenging at the top end of this league.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

For sentimental reasons, my favourite forwards at S6 we’re Curran & McCulloch. 
To me they’d walk into any Wednesday side, but the standard of football and fitness improves year on year. Hirst and Williams, then Hirst and Bright were realistically the strongest strike forces we’ve had. 
Forestieri will be remembered for some special moments, but we will see players with talent and a better attitude, it might be sooner than you think. Dont give up on your dreams.

• Like 3

Guest The Claw

Fikkkinel I'm sure there's another thread on here about this or could just put a picture of the pope on because I want to b a child :tango:

Edited by The Claw