Rhodes

18 hours ago, Morepork said:

Classic Rhodes goal today, that's literally all I want from him . He's not going to hold the ball up, link up play, run on to a through ball etc, etc. But, if he can nick one of those with a bit of regularity it'd be good enough.

I remember thinking maybe he'd turned a corner after hist hat-trick at Forest.....

^^^^^ This. To be fair he is a bit of a luxury player but this team may just suit his eye to Nick a goal. After all he’s done it all his life. 

Just want to make a comparison.

Jordan Rhodes is 30

Billy Sharp is 34

From the beginning of the 2016 season until the end of 2019/2020 Rhodes has scored 17 league goals. Very poor return. Minutes often limited though.

From the beginning of the 2012 season until the end of of 2015 season Sharp scored 21 goals in 100 games. The next 4 seasons (2 in league 1, 2 championship) he scored 87 league goals total (36 championship goals) in 1754 games .

Just showing that goal poachers who do their best work in the box aren’t completely useless at this level and it is around Rhodes age that Sharp picked up and kicked on again. 

If they are played more frequebtky in a systen that helps them thrive they will score goals. 

I’m not saying we should necessarily adjust and fit our style of play around Rhodes, just pointing out strikers of this type don’t just ‘lose it’. They can regain form and it may take time.

Yes he hasn’t been good enough since he signed, but this season more then most we have to get behind what we have. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Jordan Rhodes is 30

Billy Sharp is 34

From the beginning of the 2016 season until the end of 2019/2020 Rhodes has scored 17 league goals. Very poor return. Minutes often limited though.

From the beginning of the 2012 season until the end of of 2015 season Sharp scored 21 goals in 100 games. The next 4 seasons (2 in league 1, 2 championship) he scored 87 league goals total (36 championship goals) in 1754 games .

Just showing that goal poachers who do their best work in the box aren’t completely useless at this level and it is around Rhodes age that Sharp picked up and kicked on again. 

If they are played more frequebtky in a systen that helps them thrive they will score goals. 

I’m not saying we should necessarily adjust and fit our style of play around Rhodes, just pointing out strikers of this type don’t just ‘lose it’. They can regain form and it may take time.

Yes he hasn’t been good enough since he signed, but this season more then most we have to get behind what we have. 

Great fitness record as well to fit all those games in 4 seasons.

• Haha 2

On 13/09/2020 at 17:39, jonesy87shef said:

Jordan Rhodes is 30

Billy Sharp is 34

Average 438 games a season

fizz me, Billy Sharp is a machine!

Sign him up!