Jump to content

Ex-Baggies chief Mark Jenkins calls for EFL change


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Kameron said:

He’s skint, he’s got more tap than a blind mans stick.  Constantly tapping up supporters to buy season tickets years in advance is not the sign of a wealthy owner.  I believe he had a pot of cash which is now long gone, he’ll be desperately trying to find a buyer to cut his losses, if he doesn’t were fcuked.

 

Alternatively, he, or his advisors, understood the P&S rules and were trying to raise legitimate funds beyond what he was allowed to contribute in loans.

 

Bristol City's owner is a Billionaire. I don't see him spending over and above what he's allowed to either. Is he skint too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kameron said:

He’s skint, he’s got more tap than a blind mans stick.  Constantly tapping up supporters to buy season tickets years in advance is not the sign of a wealthy owner.  I believe he had a pot of cash which is now long gone, he’ll be desperately trying to find a buyer to cut his losses, if he doesn’t were fcuked.

 

Yet you have an never ending list of demands. Not long ago you were demanding we get rid of a list of our ageing players. Well they have now gone so you move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

 

Alternatively, he, or his advisors, understood the P&S rules and were trying to raise legitimate funds beyond what he was allowed to contribute in loans.

 

Bristol City's owner is a Billionaire. I don't see him spending over and above what he's allowed to either. Is he skint too?

No he’s running his club properly and put its future at risk.  
 

Season ticket income For future seasons does nothing to help with P&S as it’s allocated to the relevant season

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

And the most Wednesday thing will be, the P&S rules will be shelved just after DC sells the club to some skint bloke from Azerbaijan...        lol I' m

back peeps 

post-16047-0-99353800-1406417430_thumb.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nero said:

I know I have been accused of just being biased posting these issues before about the shocking state of affairs at the EFL. It is probably corrupt, and even if it isn't and its just incompetence, they can't prove it because some club directors have a conflict of interest and decisions keep going the way of these clubs.

 

I dont blame Parry in this, its the main cabal of clubs and owners running the EFL into the ground in their own clubs interests.


It’s a case of hands being tied due to the rules they’ve implemented rather than conflict of interest - they’ve made a rod for their own back. Just because a Derby director is on the EFL board didn’t get them off their charge. It went to an independent panel same as ours. Not only that the EFL are now appealing the a Derby decision.

 

It’s the rules and consistency that are wrong, not the handling of the issues. Whilst ever there is the PL golden carrot dangling in front of Championship teams then teams will try to stretch the rules to the best of their ability. Some get it right and some get it wrong - we got it wrong!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:


It’s a case of hands being tied due to the rules they’ve implemented rather than conflict of interest - they’ve made a rod for their own back. Just because a Derby director is on the EFL board didn’t get them off their charge. It went to an independent panel same as ours. Not only that the EFL are now appealing the a Derby decision.

 

It’s the rules and consistency that are wrong, not the handling of the issues. Whilst ever there is the PL golden carrot dangling in front of Championship teams then teams will try to stretch the rules to the best of their ability. Some get it right and some get it wrong - we got it wrong!  

I agree that the rules and consistency are wrong as well. But you dont know that Derby having a director on the Board thats charging them didnt lead to a different handling of the issues. Derby were charged at a more favourable time for them as opposed to us, they were not charged with the aggravated personal charges as we were. They had access to information as members of the board that we didnt. They were subsequently acquitted.

Yes this may all be a magical coincidence.

But there is a clear conflict of interest that would not be allowed in any other governing body as the EFLs own independent review told them and warned them that they had to change  .THIS YEAR FFS.

It could be incompetent rather than corrupt.

But more likely from the evidence it is incompetent AND corrupt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kameron said:

No he’s running his club properly and put its future at risk.  
 

Season ticket income For future seasons does nothing to help with P&S as it’s allocated to the relevant season

 

So therefore it helps towards P&S for that rolling period.

 

I'd quit whilst you are only this far behind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nero said:

I agree that the rules and consistency are wrong as well. But you dont know that Derby having a director on the Board thats charging them didnt lead to a different handling of the issues. Derby were charged at a more favourable time for them as opposed to us, they were not charged with the aggravated personal charges as we were. They had access to information as members of the board that we didnt. They were subsequently acquitted.

Yes this may all be a magical coincidence.

But there is a clear conflict of interest that would not be allowed in any other governing body as the EFLs own independent review told them and warned them that they had to change  .THIS YEAR FFS.

It could be incompetent rather than corrupt.

But more likely from the evidence it is incompetent AND corrupt.

 

 


The EFL wanted us punished (and potentially down) last season. It’s only their own issues to which area they chased first (the personal issue) that delayed that and I’m sure they are well cheesed off about that. 
Living in between Nottingham and Derby I know someone working on getting the Derby case ready and for weeks they were spending 10-12 hours a day getting evidence paperwork ready and scrutinised. It would take an age for any independent commission to have to sift through that. Whether we did the same is questionable.

I don’t think it’s as simple as saying they had a member of their own team on the EFL board which is why Derby got acquitted. What we did was wrong and what they did was not wrong but immoral.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...