Jump to content

Kachunga fit and ready for the weekend


Recommended Posts

A069D9DF-3D17-4CA9-B7D1-01426EA594D8.jpeg


“Kache will be ready for next week,” Monk said. “I just felt with him he’s only just come through the door.


“He’d been with us for 48 hours or so, whereas Josh Windass had the advantage that he already knows how we work.

 

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what. But he’ll have a good week’s training, he’s fully fit and ready. He will be ready for Saturday.”

 

CD2C8580-1049-4D1C-87D0-AA18B240D387.jpeg


Chey Dunkley is another who has made a strong impression since arriving at Hillsborough earlier in the window and the Owls manager revealed the centre back is not far away from full fitness.

 

“In terms of Chey, he’s not far away. I’ve said it before, I knew when he was coming here, he was going to be a little bit behind the others but he is working hard, progressing every day.

 

“The same goes for Osaze, so hopefully we’ll get to that first game or just after with a fully fit squad.

 

“There were no injuries in the Walsall game so that’s a positive, a good workout and most importantly a win.”

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what"

 

 

 

Don't think Reach knew either :biggrin:

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A069D9DF-3D17-4CA9-B7D1-01426EA594D8.jpeg


“Kache will be ready for next week,” Monk said. “I just felt with him he’s only just come through the door.


“He’d been with us for 48 hours or so, whereas Josh Windass had the advantage that he already knows how we work.

 

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what. But he’ll have a good week’s training, he’s fully fit and ready. He will be ready for Saturday.”

 

CD2C8580-1049-4D1C-87D0-AA18B240D387.jpeg


Chey Dunkley is another who has made a strong impression since arriving at Hillsborough earlier in the window and the Owls manager revealed the centre back is not far away from full fitness.

 

“In terms of Chey, he’s not far away. I’ve said it before, I knew when he was coming here, he was going to be a little bit behind the others but he is working hard, progressing every day.

 

“The same goes for Osaze, so hopefully we’ll get to that first game or just after with a fully fit squad.

 

“There were no injuries in the Walsall game so that’s a positive, a good workout and most importantly a win.”

You've got Monk at it now.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erowl said:

“I didn’t want to put him in a position where he didn’t fully know what’s what"

 

 

 

Don't think Reach knew either :biggrin:


Oh, so that’s why he let big (Ox in the Box) Dave go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking to one of the dog botherers at work (Huddersfield town). 

He said they played him up top as a striker in his first season while on loan, before shuffling him out wide after he signed fully. He said he got about 13/14 goals and the majority with his head. 

 

Hopefully he can become that robust cf with a bit of pace and attitude we need and might work with Windass playing in behind him, just need a run together to see. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Well that’s good news, he can play up front with Reach. 

 

Reach is definitely going to start. I don’t expect Kachunga to. It’ll be Windass or Brown IMO?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Speaking to one of the dog botherers at work (Huddersfield town). 

He said they played him up top as a striker in his first season while on loan, before shuffling him out wide after he signed fully. He said he got about 13/14 goals and the majority with his head. 

 

Hopefully he can become that robust cf with a bit of pace and attitude we need and might work with Windass playing in behind him, just need a run together to see. 

He was a decent player when he played in the Bundasliga. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

Reach is definitely going to start. I don’t expect Kachunga to. It’ll be Windass or Brown IMO?

 

Hope you're right about Brown, decent midfielder IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking to someone yesterday who knows a member of the medical team, he said kachunga failed his medical but we signed him anyway through desperation hence why he was missing at Walsall 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Speaking to one of the dog botherers at work (Huddersfield town). 

He said they played him up top as a striker in his first season while on loan, before shuffling him out wide after he signed fully. He said he got about 13/14 goals and the majority with his head. 

 

Hopefully he can become that robust cf with a bit of pace and attitude we need and might work with Windass playing in behind him, just need a run together to see. 

 

Yes - I think he will be the main/sole striker with Rhodes as replacement from the bench, with Windass, Reach and Brown sat just behind in a diamond formation:

 

                                                                          Kachunga/Rhodes

 

                                                            Brown                      Windass/Reach

 

                           Penny/Oddjob                Bannan                    Luongo                     Palmer/Harris

 

                                                      JVA/Dunkley        Lees/Borner            Iorfa     

 

                                                                          Dawson/Wildsmithh

                      

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...