3 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Yes you’re right and if I could edit it I would, but I can’t, so my apologies for wasting everybody’s time.

Apololies accepted. You will learn and do it right next time. 😉 😄 😄 

• Haha 7
21 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

Apololies accepted. You will learn and do it right next time. 😉 😄 😄 

.... and you may be able to spell apologies at the same time. 😉

Edited by longreach
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

With all the appeals going on at the moment, when do they reach a binding final decision?

Can they go on for ever? There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight.

Nominally deadline seems to be November but it will depend on the availability of Counsel, when the tribunal is finalised and how long the new panel require to read the original case.

Plus any new evidence shared.

We probably wont know till it starts.

And at what point could our points deduction be changed. I would have thought that had to be before the season started but obviously that won’t be the case. 
we win our first 4 games, still bottom of the league and suddenly we get our points deduction rescinded  and we’re top! If only carlsberg did appeals 😁

Edited by farlego
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Wot a intrestin artical. 

I thoght Al the teechers wer bak at skool. 

Everyone's a teacher now mate, covid made it so

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Wot a intrestin artical. 

I thoght Al the teechers wer bak at skool. 

I really must stay off here until after lunch, or at least until my faculties have woken up!

• Haha 1

Bad on the timescales involved in the original process sometime around December.......

.... 2024

Edited by darklord
27 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I really must stay off here until after lunch, or at least until my faculties have woken up!

Or turn predictive text off 

Head hurts after reading EFL regulations, but it seems any party can appeal a decision / verdict reached by a commitee / group once. Appeals are coupled with a £1500 fee so it's not simply a matter of appealing over and over either, plus probably needs new information or else it will be overturned because of arguments being the same over and over that were previously approved or rejected.

EFL can appeal the decision that cleared Derby, but if that then opens a new case against Derby and they are found guilty, then Derby can appeal, but if they're acquitted, I doubt EFL can appeal that decision again.

We got our points deduction decision, and we're appealing that decision, but depending on the outcome, neither EFL or we can appeal the outcome of that appeal. Unless we take matters out of EFL hands and into court system (if that is possible?).

• Like 1

Disciplinary proceedings are heard before an Independent Disciplinary Commission. It was an IDC that imposed our 12 point penalty and a different IDC cleared Derby. Decisions of an IDC can be appealed. Disciplinary appeals are heard before a League Arbitration Panel. Decisions of an LAP are final. Having opted for arbitration the parties cannot then go to litigation ( i.e take it through the courts) if the arbitration goes against them. There is no fixed timetable for disciplinary appeals.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

With all the appeals going on at the moment, when do they reach a binding final decision?

Can they go on for ever? There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight.

Decision is due in 2018.:Chansiri:😁😅

Edited by S36 OWL

I think it’s probably best for us fans not to get our hopes up, but to accept the fact that we’re starting on minus 12.

That way we won’t be too disappointed if the appeal fails - but might yet get an unexpected pleasant surprise at the end of the day 

• Like 1