Mac Leandro Palmer

1 minute ago, N0rtherner said:

Agreed.

And I see the competition mentioned is always Palmer v Penney, but couldn't we play them both and let Odubajo sit one out? He's decent forward but far more of a risk in defense.

Out of our current options, yes that would be my pairing

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Same here in Norway.

But on that topic just have to say, god forbid you go on Youtube and search for highlights from football matches.

I mean, WHO THE fizz is uploading all these click-bait videos that are either just still pictures, 10 seconds worth of watching a bloody Subscribe button, OR... the worst sort, somebody attempting to replicate the match highlights in Fifa '19/'20 or whatever...

ARGGHGH! Bloody impossible catching highlights, I need to setup a VPN in England so I can login and watch highlights from an English IP address lol

Norway made short work of Northern Ireland yesterday too, clinical finishing by both Haaland and Sørloth.

Yeah I saw the assist last night but it does annoy me when someone "official" in this case our club shares a highlight that only one section of fans can watch!

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Third best player on the pitch according to WhoScored.... who needs Andy Robertson when you've got Liam Palmer?

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 19.51.46.png

😂 Some of those ratings are laughable. It was great to win and get the 3 points but the system still looks sketchy and it wasn’t a great performance.

Marshall was our best player and kept us in the game which says it all about how it went. The back 3 were poor and should be 4s or 5s. McKenna and Cooper don’t look like international standard and McTominay does not look comfortable shoehorned into that position. McKenna in particular is awful but we just don’t have any other options. To be fair to them the system seems forced and the players clearly don’t look comfortable playing it but they are seriously poor options compared to what we’ve had in past years.

Palmer overall looked good defensively, he got forward well and was impressive, and his assist was superb. 7 is right for him. Robertson probably a 6 out of 10 had one of his best games for Scotland, for once he didn’t stink the place out and he got forward well in that wide role. It was nice to see him having a good game in dark blue for a change.

Fleck and McLean were average and were largely dominated by a midfield cobbled together at the last minute. Armstrong was absolutely rotten and should have been subbed way earlier, a 4 if he’s lucky. Christie and Dykes were impressive.

Palmer probably isn’t first choice but he has done his chances absolutely no harm with that performance. He should start the next game in place of Jack.

19 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

😂 Some of those ratings are laughable. It was great to win and get the 3 points but the system still looks sketchy and it wasn’t a great performance.

Marshall was our best player and kept us in the game which says it all about how it went. The back 3 were poor and should be 4s or 5s. McKenna and Cooper don’t look like international standard and McTominay does not look comfortable shoehorned into that position. McKenna in particular is awful but we just don’t have any other options. To be fair to them the system seems forced and the players clearly don’t look comfortable playing it but they are seriously poor options compared to what we’ve had in past years.

Palmer overall looked good defensively, he got forward well and was impressive, and his assist was superb. 7 is right for him. Robertson probably a 6 out of 10 had one of his best games for Scotland, for once he didn’t stink the place out and he got forward well in that wide role. It was nice to see him having a good game in dark blue for a change.

Fleck and McLean were average and were largely dominated by a midfield cobbled together at the last minute. Armstrong was absolutely rotten and should have been subbed way earlier, a 4 if he’s lucky. Christie and Dykes were impressive.

Palmer probably isn’t first choice but he has done his chances absolutely no harm with that performance. He should start the next game in place of Jack.

Thanks but we are only bothered about Palmer 

• Haha 2

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that we have a decent defense including palmer, especially comparative to the bottom half of the table which is where we will be sitting. Possibly an additional left back but I'm hoping Penney comes good there.

Centre mid I think we are okay too based on the above caveat too. Again a defensive mid would be useful but I think it's a pretty good mid compared to other bottom half teams.

Its (obviously) the forward line I'm concerned about.

26 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that we have a decent defense including palmer, especially comparative to the bottom half of the table which is where we will be sitting. Possibly an additional left back but I'm hoping Penney comes good there.

Centre mid I think we are okay too based on the above caveat too. Again a defensive mid would be useful but I think it's a pretty good mid compared to other bottom half teams.

Its (obviously) the forward line I'm concerned about.

Agree, and I’d switch to a back four, at least we’d be defensively sound. Midfield is good, so let Harris operate further forward with Kachunga and Windass, until we can get around to bringing in some reinforcements 

This three at the back just means another department is not quite right.

Edited by gurujuan

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree, and I’d switch to a back four, at least we’d be defensively sound. Midfield is good, so let Harris operate further forward with Kachunga and Windass, until we can get around to bringing in some reinforcements 

This three at the back just means another department is not quite right.

I'd like to see a 433 to be honest and think we have the people to operate in one too

45 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have never seen him put a ball in like that for Wednesday.

Honestly thought the same and one before on the highlights. He never ever does that. As shown by his pitiful excuse for assists.

The first touch was great too. When doesn’t he ever take a first touch out of his feet forward and play an excellent ball like that.

Well done in that game but we’ve waited a decade for him to do this for us and he hasn’t been capable so far. Backup championship fullback at best. Shown by the fact when we’ve had cash we sign players and they play ahead of him.

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Honestly thought the same and one before on the highlights. He never ever does that. As shown by his pitiful excuse for assists.

The first touch was great too. When doesn’t he ever take a first touch out of his feet forward and play an excellent ball like that.

Well done in that game but we’ve waited a decade for him to do this for us and he hasn’t been capable so far. Backup championship fullback at best. Shown by the fact when we’ve had cash we sign players and they play ahead of him.

I think too often, we have been obsessed with the lofted cross for Fletcher’s head. Not helped by players not playing on their natural side. The tendency is always to lay it back, for someone to float it into the middle. I had hoped we’d get away from that, but if anything, it’s got worse under Monk

12 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Suddenly, we do seem to have a decent set of options on that right side with Palmer, Odubajo and Harris.

He did damn well here, but perhaps Murphy wont be as missed as we thought.

You have missed one though who made an exceptional debut and follow up but was then exposed by a couple of mistakes. Uroghide.