Mac Leandro Palmer

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Shame we didn’t sign the lad that got on the end of the cross Lyndon Dykes. Looks a good player. 

Can't have everything.

I thought after Penny's performance on Saturday Palmer was in trouble.  Still think he is for right wing back, but he's delivered for Scotland there tonight. 

Monk was playing Palmer at RCB after lockdown in any case, even if Penny gets the wing back place. 

It certainly bodes well for cover in the RWB position

Screenshot_20200907-233503_Score Centre.jpg

• Like 1

We should revert back to 4 at the back, with Iorfa in the centre alongside Dunkley and Palmer and Penney as the full backs. Push Harris further forward. Palmer and Penney are both good defensively and they can get forward. I think a back 4 would suit us better. With Luongo as a shield, allowing Bannan and Brown to create, with the likes of Harris and Windass supporting Kachunga or a new striker. 

7 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

We should revert back to 4 at the back, with Iorfa in the centre alongside Dunkley and Palmer and Penney as the full backs. Push Harris further forward. Palmer and Penney are both good defensively and they can get forward. I think a back 4 would suit us better. With Luongo as a shield, allowing Bannan and Brown to create, with the likes of Harris and Windass supporting Kachunga or a new striker. 

I'd prefer 442 with wingers, but that does not seem to be Monks plan. 

In recent seasons we've struggled to pick two in midfield who can control the game when playing 442. I guess that's why Monks going 352

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'd prefer 442 with wingers, but that does not seem to be Monks plan. 

In recent seasons we've struggled to pick two in midfield who can control the game when playing 442. I guess that's why Monks going 352

Aye, 3-5-2 seems his favoured but I wouldn't rule out us reverting to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 during the season. I agree 4-4-2 doesn't suit our midfield strengths but equally, I think 3-5-2 doesn't suit us defensively, it looks good going forward but for a better balance I think at present 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 would suit us best.

I'd like us to be more on the front foot this season, especially at home, to do that with our current squad we'd need to be more solid defensively and we'd need to get our creative players further up the pitch. Unless we bring in another centre back or a defensive midfield shield and replace Murphy, I'd personally ditch playing 3 at the back.

Hopefully we'll bring in the few more players we need to suit how we want to play but we also lack attackers and we have to work within P&S constraints too. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

The wingback position gets through a shed load of work, so it’s great to have 4 options that are all there or there abouts. 

Plenty of game time for Penney, Harris, Moses and Palmer and I wouldn’t be upset if any of them start. If we had that kind of competition for places through the rest of the squad we’d be flying up the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Minton said:

Well done Liam Palmer. Although with 11 assists in 303 matches, I'm not holding my breath for another assist this season.

What I like about Palmer, is that he keeps learning, adding new things to his game, even at this stage of career. Not many would have thought he’d have been a regular choice for his national side.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Nice...

image.png.7683ace10b5c9458b6dcca6b76d4fd0e.png

Same here in Norway.

But on that topic just have to say, god forbid you go on Youtube and search for highlights from football matches.

I mean, WHO THE fizz is uploading all these click-bait videos that are either just still pictures, 10 seconds worth of watching a bloody Subscribe button, OR... the worst sort, somebody attempting to replicate the match highlights in Fifa '19/'20 or whatever...

ARGGHGH! Bloody impossible catching highlights, I need to setup a VPN in England so I can login and watch highlights from an English IP address lol

Norway made short work of Northern Ireland yesterday too, clinical finishing by both Haaland and Sørloth.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

What I like about Palmer, is that he keeps learning, adding new things to his game, even at this stage of career. Not many would have thought he’d have been a regular choice for his national side.

Agreed.

And I see the competition mentioned is always Palmer v Penney, but couldn't we play them both and let Odubajo sit one out? He's decent forward but far more of a risk in defense.