Complete breakdown in relationship between Derby and the EFL by all accounts

EFL heirachy needs clearing out from top to bottom,  jokers 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
Just now, Royal_D said:

Alan Nixon stirring the pot 

Suggesting it’s not the EFL that’s decided to appeal but the clubs in the EFL’s ears

Nick will be busy making cakes. 

yet again more money out of the game and into the pockets of solicitors. 

18 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

As title not happy over way player values amortised! 

Popcorn at the ready 😄😌

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Complete breakdown in relationship between Derby and the EFL by all accounts

EFL heirachy needs clearing out from top to bottom,  jokers 

Interesting that, as one of the three Championship Directors on the EFL board is...... a Derby County director. Clear conflict of interest in a corrupt organisation. But dont take my word for it, just read the independent QC who the EFL got in to look at their governance.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Nut said:

Dont get why the EFL want to cause as much trouble for their members as possible. 

Don’t trust Parry think he has a hidden agenda. To push the gap between premier and EFL By cutting budgets in EFL. giving prem even more money pulling up the drawbridge. 

• Like 6

I don't really care about whatever it is Derby were charged with, or their guilt or innocence.

It is simply ludicrous that the Championship is 'governed' in this way. The EFL is not capable of what it needs to be capable of, it should be replaced with an independent regulator.

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Alan Nixon stirring the pot 

Suggesting it’s not the EFL that’s decided to appeal but the clubs in the EFL’s ears

That will be gobby Gibson 

• Like 3

Football will become a shambles if this litigious vicious circle continues.

Given the high stakes, clubs will continue to seek loopholes and push boundaries, it’s inevitable. We need a simplification of the rules and an end to artificially leveling the playing field and holding wealthier clubs back.

Then the only risk to clubs is having Incompetent and reckless ownership, what could possibly go wrong......

Derby County director Stuart Pearce is one of 6 non independent directors

Here is what the QC said to the EFL about their non independent directors;

'More specifically, the non-independent Club directors by definition have an unavoidable conflict of interest. As directors of their respective Clubs, they owe fiduciary duties to those Clubs that may directly conflict with the fiduciary duties they owe as EFL directors to act in the best interest of the EFL and all its members, placing them in an impossible situation.

We have learned during the consultation exercise that this conflict means at times the Executive can feel unable to provide full information to the EFL Board on an issue it has to decide, because of a concern that that information could be exploited by one or more of the Clubs represented on the EFL Board. This is a very significant practical problem.

Furthermore, other Clubs could become concerned that a non-independent Club director may be pushing the interests of his own Club rather than the interests of the Division as a whole. 

But the clubs voted to keep it the same.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I don't really care about whatever it is Derby were charged with, or their guilt or innocence.

It is simply ludicrous that the Championship is 'governed' in this way. The EFL is not capable of what it needs to be capable of, it should be replaced with an independent regulator.

You do realise the clubs agree and ratify the rules that all the league have to abide by, it’s not the EFL who have broke the rules but the Clubs that can’t stick to them, what do you expect the EFL to do let clubs get away with cheating. Can you imagine the backlash from the clubs that didn’t cheat if they said oh yes fine do what you want...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

You do realise the clubs agree and ratify the rules that all the league have to abide by, it’s not the EFL who have broke the rules but the Clubs that can’t stick to them, what do you expect the EFL to do let clubs get away with cheating. Can you imagine the backlash from the clubs that didn’t cheat if they said oh yes fine do what you want...

Yes, I do realise all that. I was somewhat flippant about not caring about Derby's guilt or innocence. My problem is the incompetent way it's policed/judged. 

The EFLs handling of both Derby and our cases was nothing short of abysmal. Having made a pig's ear of charging Derby - they now have the brassneck to appeal. The championship season starts on Saturday, but again the league table is a fiction until the various cases are settled.

To me, it is clear that the clubs (EFL) cannot regulate themselves, and an independent regulator must be the way forward. I know other views are available though!

• Like 1

I have a conspiracy theory. Parry comes in creates havoc while secretly working for premier league. While in maximum turmoil, premier league come in with bail out and premier league 2 is formed.🤔🤔