Jump to content

Sammy and Nando


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

 

Ten yellows in 24 appearances in all competitions last season isn't exactly 'reining it in' though.

 

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

That’s nearly as many as Bannan!

 

Hutch is an angel next to that thug Bannan with his 23 yellow cards in the last 2 seasons, yet nobody goes on about BB being a 'liability'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

All these players were said to be the problem ...

 

Brunt

Whelan

Antonio

Quinn

Kuqi

Fletcher

Forestierri

Hutchinson 

 

Meanwhile, worse players stay here and the above move(d) onto bigger & better things

 

#ProjectClearARHHT #YoungerAndBetterForCheaper #UriNation 


This is total nonsense. 
 

Fletcher has signed for Stoke who were flirting with relegation most of last season. 
 

FF and Hutchinson haven’t signed for anyone yet. 
 

Big and better ? 
 


 

 

Edited by RichSheffWeds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:


This is total nonsense. 
 

Fletcher has signed for Stoke who were flirting with relegation most of last season. 
 

FF and Hutchinson haven’t signed for anyone yet. 
 

Big and better ? 
 


 

 

 

They are 12 points better off than we are already!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Round and round and round we go 

 

they don’t play for us- move this poo to the general section 

Antonio or Marshall (sorry meant Ben 10!!) is the latest ,sure half our fan base walk around with flares and scarves around their wrists

Lets do the time warp yeaaah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Yep, goals, that's what he was in the side for!

 

I was just pointing out a fact when someone said it had been around 2 and a half years since he last played.

 

Not to worry, everything has gone swimmingly since the bad eggs were chucked out.

And you are no doubt right. But I don't want to look backwards. For whatever reason Monk didn't want him and a few others around. I doubt we'll ever know. It's been done to death in just about every thread on here since Christmas and it's getting boring raking over the coals continuously. He's trying to build a new ethos and mentality around the squad and who knows outspoken players may have derailed that. Whatever happened he needs everyone on board and pulling in the same direction if we are to have a hope in hell's chance of survival.

I'm not dwelling on past decisions and I wish more on here would do the same. We've no idea what this squad will look like by the end of this season. There is clearly still a lot of work to do and I just want him to get on with it.

In 10-15 games we'll see where we're heading.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

And you are no doubt right. But I don't want to look backwards. For whatever reason Monk didn't want him and a few others around. I doubt we'll ever know. It's been done to death in just about every thread on here since Christmas and it's getting boring raking over the coals continuously. He's trying to build a new ethos and mentality around the squad and who knows outspoken players may have derailed that. Whatever happened he needs everyone on board and pulling in the same direction if we are to have a hope in hell's chance of survival.

I'm not dwelling on past decisions and I wish more on here would do the same. We've no idea what this squad will look like by the end of this season. There is clearly still a lot of work to do and I just want him to get on with it.

In 10-15 games we'll see where we're heading.

 

To be fair I agree with you. I disagree with the decisions Monk has made but as you say it has gone and we do need to move on. I don't think Hutchinson would make a significant difference results wise going forward but unfortunately the decision Monk made last season or at least the way he went about it contributed to a negative impact on results.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

I guess in the here and now that the players are looking at it means they have less chance of being relegated and a better chance of being promoted.


I think the players looking for a final pay day, like Fletcher will be more concerned at the ££££ and length of their contract.

 

It is fair to say that Stoke can afford more ££££ than us currently mainly due to parachute payments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:


I think the players looking for a final pay day, like Fletcher will be more concerned at the ££££ and length of their contract.

 

It is fair to say that Stoke can afford more ££££ than us currently mainly due to parachute payments. 

 

So you agree they are in a better position to attract players than we are and we are certainly worse off without Fletcher as things stand then. Fletcher probably did move to secure the best he can get financially but for the best part of 4 seasons with us he put as much effort in as anyone else. 

Edited by hirstyboywonder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

To be fair I agree with you. I disagree with the decisions Monk has made but as you say it has gone and we do need to move on. I don't think Hutchinson would make a significant difference results wise going forward but unfortunately the decision Monk made last season or at least the way he went about it contributed to a negative impact on results.

 

Who knows. Maybe he and WW were supposed to be sold in January so he was moving forward assuming they were not going to be there.

At some point you have to put the stake in the ground and say this is where we build from.

It's painful to start with but has to be done when you are trying to change the culture of any organisation.

Maybe it will work and we move forward, or maybe he fails and we don't. Then it's up to DC.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

So you agree they are in a better position to attract players than we are and we are certainly worse off without Fletcher as things stand then. Fletcher probably did move to secure the best he can get financially but for the best part of 4 seasons with us he put as much effort in as anyone else. 


They have a bigger BUDGET currently but that doesn’t mean they are a bigger or better club. 
 

Last season they finished on the same points as us with a vastly bigger budget. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:


They have a bigger BUDGET currently but that doesn’t mean they are a bigger or better club. 
 

Last season they finished on the same points as us with a vastly bigger budget. 
 

 

 

The 12 points that they are ahead of us gives them a better footing for this season. They now have the only player capable of getting us into a winning position on a regular basis which has made them stronger and us weaker.

 

I have said they were a bigger or better club in general.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FFS we've got 5 days to go before the start of a very big & difficult season.  It's time to get behind the players we have got not whine & winge about the ones that have gone.
 

Granted Hutch gave his all out on the pitch but apart from his first season FF had our pants down for most of the time & thought only of himself rather than the club, his team mates & supporters.

 

Whatever their contribution the time was right to move them on, their replacements might seem on the face of it to be inferior in quality but the club has unfortunately been mismanaged financially, the squad has been allowed to stagnate & we've got a 12 point deduction so we're now shopping in a different market unfortunately.  
 

Given our record after Xmas I believe Monk should have gone but DC has given him the task of overseeing the restructuring of the squad so we've got no choice but to get behind him & the players that wear the shirt. Constantly griping & regurgitating the same old crap about former players is pointless beyond belief.

 

Rant over WAWAW

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:


I think the players looking for a final pay day, like Fletcher will be more concerned at the ££££ and length of their contract.

 

It is fair to say that Stoke can afford more ££££ than us currently mainly due to parachute payments. 

Nothing wrong with him getting the best deal he can at the back end of his career . He was immense for us and put a shift in every game , I have nothing but praise for the way Fletcher turned it round with us and showed why we got him in the first place . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, the monk said:

Antonio or Marshall (sorry meant Ben 10!!) is the latest ,sure half our fan base walk around with flares and scarves around their wrists

Lets do the time warp yeaaah

While the other half swallow eddies and try to convince the whole fan base that all is great at S6 and the squad is better than last years. Monk will be like Moses and walk us over the Don banks to the promised land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So it makes all the'lets see where hutch ends up' brigade look a bit silly now if he ends up at a much better team than us...well done swfc..again🙈

It means nothing of the sort,& a post on here doesnt = a transfer...personally i could care less if Watford want to spend money on these two players....personally i no longer wanted either.....and FFP means we simply could not keep paying their wages

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...