Sammy and Nando

In any event, it was probably for the best that both moved on, from both their point of view and from ours. 

Things have gotten awfully stale over the last few years, massively reliant on a bunch of players who reached their peak for us three to four years ago. 

Nando largely injured and/or getting in trouble and Hutchinson seemingly incapable of keeping his mouth shut if he didn't agree with the manager. 

The latter will probably do a good job if he is happy within the set up. As for the former...well, they got rid of him once before so. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hutchinson was available for more matches in the last 2 seasons than the majority of the squad. The fact that Dross and Monk didn't pick him is a different matter. I wish him all the best because when he pulled the shirt on he always put his body on the line. 

He was coasting before he was dropped.

He didn't lay a glove on the likes of Stoke, Cardiff, Hull in that bad patch around Christmas.

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hutchinson was available for more matches in the last 2 seasons than the majority of the squad. The fact that Dross and Monk didn't pick him is a different matter. I wish him all the best because when he pulled the shirt on he always put his body on the line. 

No you cant say that...apparantly he was injured or suspended gor the last 2 yesrs..and dont forget hes a 'wrong un' and a 'bad egg'🤣

1 minute ago, alan48 said:

What the heck -- Big Dave is coming back 😀

Scored more than our new forward acquisition from Huddersfield in both the last 2 seasons. I would have been steaming if this was last year but with what we have at present he might turn out to be best of the bunch. A very sobering thought indeed.

• Like 1

Just now, Therealrealist said:

No you cant say that...apparantly he was injured or suspended gor the last 2 yesrs..and dont forget hes a 'wrong un' and a 'bad egg'🤣

You'd make a great defence lawyer mate

You'd have defended Sutcliffe by saying 'I guess the hammer he keeps in his car boot was for smashing over people's heads eh? 🤣'

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He was coasting before he was dropped.

He didn't lay a glove on the likes of Stoke, Cardiff, Hull in that bad patch around Christmas.

But played in the win against Brentford and the draw at Derby at the same period. Think the whole squad dropped off the map for some reason after the Bristol win.