TRUST IN THE YOUTH OF SWFC

Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon saying ‘you can’t compare’ well think on this. Fati scored for Spain last night and forced a penalty AND he’s only 17 so why shouldn’t a 19 year old ex Man City graduate be thrown in at the deep end in the Championship, there’s heaps of kids 16 - 18 year old who over the years played in first teams ie EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga etc and made it. I can see no reason why our young un’s can’t make it good and yes I understand there’s a -12 Point deficit but if we don’t trust the kids they will move onto other clubs or just fade away all because management didn’t have faith in them. 
I also know we can’t have lots of kids in the 1st team but 2-3 more surely can’t hurt and remember ALL players of today were young players.

Ps I posted mid last season that Hunt should have replaced K Lee even though I was an admirer of Lee and looking back we accumulated hardly any points for months so we should have had more faith.

Problem we have is all our promising youngsters are central midfielders. Waldock, Shaw, Hunt and Dele-Bashiru all may be different types of CM players but again there all CM players. With a midfield 3 of Luongo and Bannan behind Brown there not going to get enough time to play. One of them might possibly two but generally 4 of our most promising are not gonna get in.

Ben Hughes on the other hand is a promising right sided player. I would rather us give him game time that sign the rumoured Sanderson.

What would I do with the CM players? Personally Dele is a box to box midfielder with power, id get him involved as much as possible. Waldock is a DM player so id get him involved. Hunt is very Bannan like, Bannan doesnt miss many games so wont get much of a chance, so id look to loan him out. Shaw, who i really rate is more of an attacking midfielder, again Brown is gonna play a lot so id look to loan him out.

What will Monk do ? God knows.

The management and fans have to believe and have faith in youth as it will take, for example, Bashiru a good few games to get up to speed in the Champs and start having an impact on games.

Would he get that backing from staff and fans given our situation? I sincerely doubt it? Looks like he has promise but well off the pace on Saturday with his general touch, control and decision making. 

Only a good run of games will improve this (and not in the 23s)