The transfer window cut off date

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can someone remind us what the cut off date is for this transfer window please?

It might explain the lack of movement

The EFL has today confirmed the opening and closing dates for the 2020 summer transfer window.

Subject to formal ratification, the transfer window will open fully on Monday 27 July, although any player registered before the completion of the 2019/20 season will not be eligible to play for their new Club until season 2020/21 commences. This is applicable to Clubs involved in the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs. 

The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on Monday 5 October, with an agreement in place with the Premier League for an extended two-week domestic only window which will close at 5pm on Friday 16 October. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

The EFL has today confirmed the opening and closing dates for the 2020 summer transfer window.

Subject to formal ratification, the transfer window will open fully on Monday 27 July, although any player registered before the completion of the 2019/20 season will not be eligible to play for their new Club until season 2020/21 commences. This is applicable to Clubs involved in the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs. 

The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on Monday 5 October, with an agreement in place with the Premier League for an extended two-week domestic only window which will close at 5pm on Friday 16 October. 

Thank you
AAAAGES left then 👍

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I know i've said it before, but no one has really helped me out with my assumption - maybe because everyone thinks I am incorrect, who knows?

I am confident the lack of movement of players is purely down to the fact that players and agents are in denial about the change that has happened, players and agents are no longer in control because the economy of football has changed.

I'm talking outside the top flight, but absolutely, clubs are now in charge with what they want to pay - and it's probably a change that is here to stay for the immediate future.

Players aren't signing because they don't like what is on offer - but what is on offer is what is on offer.     The players need to blink first, or a lot of good pro's will be without clubs come the start of the season.

The clubs are not going to change tack in this climate, not one bit.       They cannot, as their income is severely compromised and will be for a long time to come.

Edited by HarryPlopper
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I know i've said it before, but no one has really helped me out with my assumption - maybe because everyone thinks I am incorrect, who knows?

I am confident the lack of movement of players is purely down to the fact that players and agents are in denial about the change that has happened, players and agents are no longer in control because the economy of football has changed.

I'm talking outside the top flight, but absolutely, clubs are now in charge with what they want to pay - and it's probably a change that is here to stay for the immediate future.

Players aren't signing because they don't like what is on offer - but what is on offer is what is on offer.     The players need to blink first, or a lot of good pro's will be without clubs come the start of the season.

The clubs are not going to change tack in this climate, not one bit.       They cannot, as their income is severely compromised and will be for a long time to come.

I don't see anything wrong with your logic/reasoning here mate - you could well be bang on the money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Yeah, exactly this. It's what Monk was talking about the other day and operating in a different market. Clubs will have zero matchday income until fans are allowed back in the ground so the players will be adjusting to that and the fact they are being offered less.

Football is all about finance and it will naturally take time for the market to adjust. Plus, in terms of the window, we always get a few in and then last minute it. I expect the squad as it is to not really change until last week of window in 4 weeks time.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

fair point we have got a while left but the fact is we start on -12. We are at a massive disadvantage to every other team in our league and have to hit the ground running. We can’t afford a slow start, other teams can. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Yeah, exactly this. It's what Monk was talking about the other day and operating in a different market. Clubs will have zero matchday income until fans are allowed back in the ground so the players will be adjusting to that and the fact they are being offered less.

Football is all about finance and it will naturally take time for the market to adjust. Plus, in terms of the window, we always get a few in and then last minute it. I expect the squad as it is to not really change until last week of window in 4 weeks time.

My point here probably needs a different thread, but I would seriously hope that SWFC can do something to maximise profit from what few fans are allowed through the gate.

If I can be assured what I spend goes to the club, i'll get me and my kid dinner inside the ground for instance where before I wouldn't have.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There’ll be plenty of movement among Wednesday fans if we don’t sign a couple of strikers soon...

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you
AAAAGES left then 👍

Yeah, don't worry about not having an effective team to play in the first 5 games before the window closes, not like we are in dire need of points.

:Chansiri:Monkmanface