FOR SALE - Jacob Murphy - £3M - APPLY WITHIN

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

I keep posting it but nobody seems to want to believe it.

We are operating under a soft embargo. We will have been instructed what our transfer fee level is and what we are allowed to pay in wages for any new signings, permanent or loan.

Look at who we've brought in and try disagree.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru      Manchester City        Undisclosed

Chey Dunkley                Wigan Athletic           Free transfer

Elias Kachunga             Huddersfield Town     Free transfer

Josh Windass                Wigan Athletic           Undisclosed

Max weekly wage < £7.5k?

Max transfer fee < £0.5m

What about Izzy?

Until Wednesday begin to generate some transfer fee income then fees of £3m, 4 year contracts and competitive wages are near impossible unless they break the rules again. Wednesday need to identify next seasons Murphy that can come into S6 without the big fee, without the long term commitment and with subsidised wages from his PL club.

Thats a very fair price for Murphy, given his impact for us last season and the fact he's still at an age where he could get better.

However, given we still need to add the most important piece to the jigsaw (a striker), which'll no doubt cost a similar amount of money, I can't see how the club could justify paying that.

Unless, the club has some aces up their sleeves regarding the striker target, or indeed, a larger budget than we are been led to believe.

In isolation, £3m for Murphy is a snip. But the maths just don't add up when you consider the additions we still require.

• Like 1

Sadly for us we rarely sell, so a £3 million outlay is exactly that for FFP. We sign players, let them run down their contracts and leave for nothing. Scandalous way to run the run the club, and that's the reason we can't afford him.

Will be a great signing for another club though at that price. No brainer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Genuine question .. why do you think we don’t have the money to buy anyone at that price? 

The £20-£40 million losses we have consistently made over the last 4 years, -12 points deduction from messing up a ground sale to try and cover some of those losses, £200k+ weekly wage bill we still have for a squad with no saleable assets, lack of income due to covid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 83owl said:

The £20-£40 million losses we have consistently made over the last 4 years, -12 points deduction from messing up a ground sale to try and cover some of those losses, £200k+ weekly wage bill we still have for a squad with no saleable assets, lack of income due to covid.

I understand all that has happened however there is no clarity as from the day of the decision As to whether DC or the club can now spend. So going forward ( taking into consideration the wages we are now not paying for FF etc) can we not spend a little to progress the squad ? 
or are we not allowed to spend? 

29 minutes ago, 83owl said:

So apart from the having no saleable assets and no income it’s all good to go...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stoke are really starting to annoy me.

According to a table I saw they had the biggest wage bill in the championship last season at just over 90 million. Guess they must have trimmed that for this season.

As usual it was in a paper so don’t know the accuracy.

7 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I understand all that has happened however there is no clarity as from the day of the decision As to whether DC or the club can now spend. So going forward ( taking into consideration the wages we are now not paying for FF etc) can we not spend a little to progress the squad ? 
or are we not allowed to spend? 

Obviously we have cut down massively but I don’t think people realise just how much we have spent over the last few years. Even now you are talking nearly £100k per week just on KW,Rhodes and lees. I can’t imagine there will be any kind of statement from DC as I’m pretty sure we weren’t aware of being in an embargo last time until we were months into it?

We paid a minimum fee for windass and apparently bid £1m for leko but I can’t see us spending much on transfer fees, especially for established players with high wages as well.

• Like 1