FOR SALE - Jacob Murphy - £3M - APPLY WITHIN

Guest Kagoshimaowl

If we have 3 million I want a striker. Murphy is an excellent player but I do believe we can loan someone to play right wing back. We desperately need a striker and that’s where any monetary signing should happen 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would it be wrong to say any money we do have should be spent on a new striker? 

Absolutely not. As much as I would love Murphy back, I think financially we are restricted and have to concentrate our efforts to signing strikers (which we don’t seem to be making any progress)

Would be very surprised to see us make a competitive offer, unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

On a par with other clubs, it ain't the highest.

This is from two seasons ago and shows the cheapest ST at championship clubs. Only Norwich was more expensive than ours. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/473324/championship-teams-cheapest-season-tickets-uk-soccer-football/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He'd be a great signing at that price; unfortunately, I doubt we can pay it.

It makes the £3m we wasted on Abdi all the more frustrating, doesn't it?

We could structure the deal over 3 or 4 seasons if Newcastle would accept or with clauses.

Just now, jp1981 said:

We could structure the deal over 3 or 4 seasons if Newcastle would accept or with clauses.

I suppose.

Nothing that's happened or been leaked over the summer suggests we have £3m to spend on one player, but I suppose the club might have been keeping their cards close to their chest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suppose.

Nothing that's happened or been leaked over the summer suggests we have £3m to spend on one player, but I suppose the club might have been keeping their cards close to their chest.

We bid £1 mill for Leko. So there is still that money to spend.