FOR SALE - Jacob Murphy - £3M - APPLY WITHIN

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well we were promised continued investment into the first team while prices remained high. 

I think that was dependent on us being able to manage our finances correctly. Which we weren’t able to do. So we have to eat these seasons of poo sandwiches for a while whilst we 'learn'. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

And the 4 million that we handed over for Reach.

At one point, that looked like a shrewd investment.

Sadly, in typical Wednesday fashion, any value he once had has now been p*ssed down the drain and we face the very real prospect that he'll walk away for nothing in a year's time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was talking to a mate the other day and we got talking about chance we didn't take can you remember when we signed Kenwyn Jones from Southampton I think we had agreed a fee of £500k to make the loan a permanent but the club decided against it and a few years later they sold him for £8m to Sunderland.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

At one point, that looked like a shrewd investment.

Sadly, in typical Wednesday fashion, any value he once had has now been p*ssed down the drain and we face the very real prospect that he'll walk away for nothing in a year's time.

That's the scary thing. Every single one of our 'big money' signings has been a poor financial transaction. Joao is the only one where we benefitted. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure if he is needed with us playing 3-5-2. Would you come to us if you were asked to play as a wing back when in reality he is a wide attacker ? 

I like him, I think he’s a good player but I’d only pursue if we go to a 4-3-3 of 4-1-4-1 formation.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m not sure if he is needed with us playing 3-5-2. Would you come to us if you were asked to play as a wing back when in reality he is a wide attacker ? 

I like him, I think he’s a good player but I’d only pursue if we go to a 4-3-3 of 4-1-4-1 formation.

Disagree, I thought after lockdown he was our best player in the RWB role.

He worked hard on the defensive side of this position as well.  If we are playing 3-5-2 then we need big contributions from wing backs.

• Like 1

I’m not sure but with the stadium sale, Joao and Bruce fees and the amount of huge earners we’ve gotten off the wage bill I would have thought a price like this should fit easily into P&S. I could be wrong.

Also with covid are they changing the rules at all? Clubs like ours will miss out on a huge chunk of our overall revenue, surely we can’t just be expected to fit into the £39m over 3 years bracket. Especially those clubs who already have Hugh fixed costs that were offset against ticket revenue and marchday income.

Guest Mcguigan
13 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

£3m for a player who was our greatest goal threat for the second half of the season as a winger.

Total bargain.

Need to spend any money we have to secure this signing.

I keep posting it but nobody seems to want to believe it.

We are operating under a soft embargo. We will have been instructed what our transfer fee level is and what we are allowed to pay in wages for any new signings, permanent or loan.

Look at who we've brought in and try disagree.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru      Manchester City        Undisclosed

Chey Dunkley                Wigan Athletic           Free transfer

Elias Kachunga             Huddersfield Town     Free transfer

Josh Windass                Wigan Athletic           Undisclosed

Max weekly wage < £7.5k?

Max transfer fee < £0.5m

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

I keep posting it but nobody seems to want to believe it.

We are operating under a soft embargo. We will have been instructed what our transfer fee level is and what we are allowed to pay in wages for any new signings, permanent or loan.

Look at who we've brought in and try disagree.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru      Manchester City        Undisclosed

Chey Dunkley                Wigan Athletic           Free transfer

Elias Kachunga             Huddersfield Town     Free transfer

Josh Windass                Wigan Athletic           Undisclosed

Max weekly wage < £7.5k?

Max transfer fee < £0.5m

Even if it isn't an official soft enbargo it's definitely an extreme cost cutting excercise with minimal reinvestment into the squad.