Jump to content

Message from Fisayo Dele-Bashiru


Recommended Posts

This is why we shouldn't  get too expectant of him. First proper game and even though he came from Man City Academy he is 19 and starting out. To put it in perspective  Alex Hunt is older and has more first team experience. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

At nineteen he has room to improve but he is not ready for championship football yet 

Not played a game in championship yet - a pre-season friendly game for the League Cup - so wondered how you came to this conclusion ?

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, it will take him 10-12 games to get up to speed. His speed of decision making and energy levels were clearly below some of the players around him. He did show some glimpses of real potential and has the physicality to really come good in this league.  His close control needs to improve over the next 6 months, but on the whole, I think he’s really gonna do well for us this season.

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

Not played a game in championship yet - a pre-season friendly game for the League Cup - so wondered how you came to this conclusion ?

I have seen both games and that’s my opinion.

Thats what these places are for are they not ..... opinions ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I would look to try and get his a league one loan for the first half of the season, even against league two Walsall did not look comfortable in the team. When you saw the appearance from Hunt last season he looked a lot more advanced in his progress and he was playing championship teams.

 

Playing week in week out at a good level will progress FDB a lot quicker than a few minutes here a few minutes there with the first team.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me I would look to try and get his a league one loan for the first half of the season, even against league two Walsall did not look comfortable in the team. When you saw the appearance from Hunt last season he looked a lot more advanced in his progress and he was playing championship teams.

 

Playing week in week out at a good level will progress FDB a lot quicker than a few minutes here a few minutes there with the first team.

 

We signed him for cover in midfield and to develop him this season. He’s only been hear a few weeks and is training regular with a first team squad for the first time. How can sending him out on loan benefit him, his confidence and the club. 
After 12 months then fair enough, but not after 1 competitive game.
 
 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We signed him for cover in midfield and to develop him this season. He’s only been hear a few weeks and is training regular with a first team squad for the first time. How can sending him out on loan benefit him, his confidence and the club. 
After 12 months then fair enough, but not after 1 competitive game.
 
 
 

We have bannan, brown, windass, Luongo, Hunt, Pelupessy all vying for 2 or 3 spots he will barely play a game.

 

For me players improve with playing games, look at the development of Clare and Thorniley no where near the first team went out on loan for half a season came back better players. We have players ahead of him in development in Hunt and Shaw who should be getting their chance. 

 

I really hope he is a great player but to develop him he needs to play games.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen him play for both Manchester City U-23's and for us. 

 

He is a strong fella, but in all games I've seen him he was passanger, failing to infuence games in any notable way. 

 

Considering that he came through City academy, his touch and passing skills are quite poor. 

 

But he is a very young, inexperienced player, lets give him time and see if we can develop and improve him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have bannan, brown, windass, Luongo, Hunt, Pelupessy all vying for 2 or 3 spots he will barely play a game.

 

For me players improve with playing games, look at the development of Clare and Thorniley no where near the first team went out on loan for half a season came back better players. We have players ahead of him in development in Hunt and Shaw who should be getting their chance. 

 

I really hope he is a great player but to develop him he needs to play games.

We don’t know if he can challenge for a starting berth until you give him a chance. How can an assumption be made after 1 game I don’t get. He has been given a first team squad number so the club must see him as a first team player. Hunt and Shaw being further on in their development is your opinion and that’s fine, but why not send them on loan instead, FDB started in front of both of them Saturday. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

We don’t know if he can challenge for a starting berth until you give him a chance. How can an assumption be made after 1 game I don’t get. He has been given a first team squad number so the club must see him as a first team player. Hunt and Shaw being further on in their development is your opinion and that’s fine, but why not send them on loan instead, FDB started in front of both of them Saturday. 

 


but in that picture, he has the ball and is going forward ( presumably) leaving that bloke in red ( from that team we didn’t beat on Saturday) in his tracks..

 

A colossal improvement you would agree!

 

I’m moved to poetry:

( clears throat)

 

Play up

young Fisayo Dele- Bashiru.

You know more about football
than I do.

 

 

I’m here all week..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he did ok on Saturday, technically lacking at times and a bit naive (to be expected) but he certainly has the physicality for this league and did as much as anyone else to try and make things happen. 

 

Think Bannan, Luongo and Brown first choice, but certainly optimistic he can do a job when selected.

 

Both him and Hunt are good options from the bench. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elderly Owl said:


but in that picture, he has the ball and is going forward ( presumably) leaving that bloke in red ( from that team we didn’t beat on Saturday) in his tracks..

 

A colossal improvement you would agree!

 

I’m moved to poetry:

( clears throat)

 

Play up

young Fisayo Dele- Bashiru.

You know more about football
than I do.

 

 

I’m here all week..

 

 

I’m confused, is there a point you are trying to make ??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’ll need to adjust to playing against and alongside senior players. He played a couple of passes on Saturday that the Walsall players anticipated and intercepted; my guess is that those passes would have been completed at the levels he’s played at previously. Physically, he looks suited but the speed of thought and the level of decision making will be higher than he’s used to. He needs game time to get used to that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...