Garry Monk and Adam Reach both agree he's a striker now

53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has spoken about a chat he's had with Adam Reach where they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer

Garry Monk explains: "I spoke to Adam and I think it's a case of, this season with the system we're using, where can we make him play where he can be most effective?

"He can move out wide, where he can do that job. But I spoke with him and we both agree that centrally is where he's going to be most effective.

"He can play deeper than that.

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

"I thought he did some really good work (against Walsall).

"It's all about improving and getting used to it. Like all the others, the attitude is there."

the amount of fake news around is appalling. Reach has never been or will be a striker any more than Tom Lees will be. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Really, there is a massive list of out of contract strikers, you telling me we cant sign one?

200 at least.

Hope we’re proven wrong but that sounds ridiculous

A second striker role (we have 2/3others!) for a player who’s game has been about getting crosses in and shooting from range rather than playing back to goal/on the half turn doesn’t sound right to me.

A victim of his own versatility 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Jesus wept....

Yes, but we have no strikers.........

If you car has no fuel do you go the garage and buy a tire because one isnt as good as you want or do you buy fuel and think the tire will do for now?

1. Car analogies don’t work

2. we have a striker - Rhodes. We have also brought in 2 forwards in kachunga and windass.

3. Maybe the players we have brought in are the only ones who will sign for a no Hope club starting on -12 with a lunatic chairman?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone else starting to get worried about our ability to sign new players right now?

That misses the point.

Even if you are right, Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga can play striker. Brown too to a lesser degree.

The big issue is that Monk thinks Reach is a striker! 

Just now, 83owl said:

1. Car analogies don’t work

2. we have a striker - Rhodes. We have also brought in 2 forwards in kachunga and windass.

3. Maybe the players we have brought in are the only ones who will sign for a no Hope club starting on -12 with a lunatic chairman?

1. Yes they do, most analogies work, its just simple priorities

2. Windass isnt a forward, hes a midfielder. We may as well not have Rhodes, hes parp and will remain parp. Was a striker, isnt anymore. If we could get rid we would. Yes we have Kachunga, we need 3 more. 

3. Maybe any players out of work earning nothing would like a job. If we can sign Brown and Dunkley why cant we sign a striker?

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

That misses the point.

Even if you are right, Rhodes, Windass and Kachunga can play striker. Brown too to a lesser degree.

NO. Rhodes cant. Windass is never a striker. Never has been.

• Like 1

Remember Carlos playing him in behind Rhodes  on a couple of occasions. Off the bench and didn't do too badly. 

Jo's tried it on a couple of occasions with mixed results. 

Scored a worldie or two, but was pretty ineffective and anonymous otherwise. 

For me he's not strong or brave enough to play right up top. He has the hight but not the mental aptitude. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That misses the point.

You're right it is BUT

Rhodes and Windass up front might bring us total of 16 goals over the whole season

Owlstalk Shop