Garry Monk and Adam Reach both agree he's a striker now

I think Monk is just trying to keep Reach happy. If he only really sees him fitting in to this system up top I imagine he’ll just be thrown on as an extra body if we need a goal. In no way is Reach a striker and if we get some strikers in he’ll be used very little in that position...hopefully!

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has spoken about a chat he's had with Adam Reach where they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer

Garry Monk explains: "I spoke to Adam and I think it's a case of, this season with the system we're using, where can we make him play where he can be most effective?

"He can move out wide, where he can do that job. But I spoke with him and we both agree that centrally is where he's going to be most effective.

"He can play deeper than that.

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

"I thought he did some really good work (against Walsall).

"It's all about improving and getting used to it. Like all the others, the attitude is there."

Round pegs in square holes again. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WHY though?

Whats the issue?

Lack of money? Transfer Embargo? Can't attract anyone decent due to the minus 12 points situation?

Dont know, its no excuse.

All our priorities should have been signing strikers, not CB's or midfielders. They were needed yes but not as high priority.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

All our priorities should have been signing strikers, not CB's or midfielders. They were needed yes but not as high priority.

I'm sure it has been too - I bet we've been trying every single thing possible to sign strikers

So I wonder why it's not happened?

Owlstalk Shop